CloneCD 3 vs. CloneCD 4?

vbimport

Is there any diffrent in reading and writing? Or is the only diffrence that you could save your settings for diffrent type of CD's?

well as far as i heard,

tha AWS feature now works on plextor 24x or better drives etc…

which means that copy’s that did not work with clone cd 3 will now work with clone cd 4 with tha new safe disk v2 (MOHAA)

there might be more but this is tha main thing that i heard that is better about it :slight_smile:

but not With Plex 24x TLA#0000

Originally posted by Svantesson666
Is there any diffrent in reading and writing? Or is the only diffrence that you could save your settings for diffrent type of CD’s?

[ul][li]Revamped Copy-Kernel[]New User Interface[]New technical features: i.e. Automatic Fast Error Skip, ‘AWS as required’[*]profiles can be saved in both versions
[/li][/ul]

OK.

Sounds cool even tough I understand what “Revamped Copy-Kernel”. :slight_smile:

Thanks anyway.

CloneCD 3 vs. CloneCD 4?

quote:

Originally posted by Svantesson666
Is there any diffrent in reading and writing? Or is the only diffrence that you could save your settings for diffrent type of CD’s?

Revamped Copy-Kernel
New User Interface
New technical features: i.e. Automatic Fast Error Skip, ‘AWS as required’
profiles can be saved in both versions

If this is the only change in clonecd then one of these changes is the problem why it is not compatable with my new tower, went from P 3, 450 to a P 4, 1.8 ghz the new version don’t work but version 3341 works great. I have a liteon 40125S master , toshiba xm-6702b slave and a hp 9310i on an ide controller card also on slave. can someone give me any answer’s :confused:

Problem? Bad backup or errors during read/write…? Something else?

futureproof thanks for answering me. the problem is the new version was tested with MOHAA with my liteon 40125s used it as a reader also then used my toshiba xm6702b as reader , it will not make a working backup slowed speed down, I have latest firmware ,DMA checked, tried unchecked,the backup will not work, so I uninstalled it and installed version 3341 and it works perfect , there has got to be a bug in this new beta version, I have windows 98se, P-4 1.8ghz, have visiontek G-force 4 128mb video card .384 megs of ram, liteon set as master toshiba XM-6702B as slave and the hp9310i set on a IDE controller card as slave settings also , 60 gig hard drive, any feed back would be great:confused:

…tried different media?

I have the same setup as you p4 2.4 went from p3 933 win xp v4 works jsut great burnd fine to my liteon 40x from toshiba 16x dvdrom… You must have something else not working right…

Wild guess here k9cop, but please check if AWS is enabled for your Lite-On writer. Make the image then press the second button on CloneCD. Right click on your Lite-On drive and disable AWS there. No need to change the Profile or anything since AWS is now hardware dependant. Disable the AWS function for your writer and forget about it (it will now always be disabled).

No I have checked AWS was not enabled, as of now I can see the Liteon 40125S is not listed in clonecd compatability list.AWS is not enabled due to my USA regional settings, I have just moved to canada and disabled AWS and for some reason I obtained a working backup,any ideas’s to this problem

Originally posted by k9cop
No I have checked AWS was not enabled, as of now I can see the Liteon 40125S is not listed in clonecd compatability list.AWS is not enabled due to my USA regional settings, I have just moved to canada and disabled AWS and for some reason I obtained a working backup,any ideas’s to this problem

The LiteOn 40125S may not be listed yet in the CloneCD compatibility list since it is so new. You don’t need AWS enabled at all to do good backups with this unit. The first backup I tried on my LiteOn 40125S was MOHAA. I made a perfect copy without AWB enabled and did it on the first try. It’s a great burner! :slight_smile:

flashman yes you are correct I have never had AWS enabled G@M3FR3@K was just giving some suggestions I could not enable this feature anyway due to my regional settings,but since I moved and manually unchecked the defaults it made a backup And YES this is a great DAY. :smiley:

Originally posted by k9cop
but since I moved and manually unchecked the defaults it made a backup And YES this is a great DAY. :smiley:
…hhhmmmm…why is this so?! I have seen too many 32 & 40x owners with a similar problem…I will email Sven.

[edit]

…we don’t have the latest Liteys for testing here, but I believe there is a little tool available at CD-Freaks for US and JP users to get AWS working.

Kind Regards,

Sven Rohde
Elaborate Bytes
Not a recognised problem for elby but the tool will help avoid any potential problems from the get-go.[/edit]

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]…hhhmmmm…why is this so?! I have seen too many 32 & 40x owners with a similar problem…I will email Sven.

Edit:

Not a recognised problem for elby but the tool will help avoid any potential problems from the get-go.

[/B]

Hi,

after looking into the problem I can confirm that AWS might get enabled in countries where it shouldn’t. Will be fixed soon.

Workaround:

1.) Edit the profile with notepad and disable AWS.
2.) Use the tool that FutureProof suggested.

Comment:

I hate these country lockouts. They only cause trouble…

Thanks for clearing this up Oliver :wink:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Thanks for clearing this up Oliver :wink:

There might be an even better workaround for those familiar with RegEdit:

Browse for your writer at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Devices\Writers

Set the DWORD Value AllowAWS to 0

I had an old LG CED 12x drive and I was so Mad that I lived in the US because AWS couldn’t be enabled. Now, I bought a Litey 32x and I can check it! I did nothing to my comp except unplug LG, plug in LTR. Something in cloneCD must turn it on. Weird. Ironic how, now that I don’t need it, I can use it. lol.
NOTE: I use CloneCD and CD-MATE. CD-Mate’s AWS is called S.A.M and it was enabled as soon as I installed my LiteOn. Maybe something in LiteOn’s do it. double Wierd.

AWS is turned on by default in a lot of the profiles and to a lot of beginners, this can be confusing since a lot of driver Won’t copy simply because this is enabled.

Originally posted by Wiz486
AWS is turned on by default in a lot of the profiles and to a lot of beginners, this can be confusing since a lot of driver Won’t copy simply because this is enabled.
Clone will recognise your drive and enable/disable AWS as required - this has been explained by Olli in other posts