Clone4 & plex24x w/ freedom force

vbimport

used that latest clonecd program to make a copy of Freedom Force.....and POW it worked here are my settings:

[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadRetries=0
ErrorCorrection=software
ReadSubData=0
RegenerateData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=1
ReadSpeedData=8
ReadSpeedAudio=8
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=2

[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=0
WriteSpeed=8

what OS?.. and what #TLA did u have?

i burnt freedom force with win98SE and my plex 24x tla# is 0101

I’m willing to bet that the only reason the copy works is because of the CloneCD tray program which is running with “Hide CDR Media” checked.

If you try to run it with that option turned off, or run it on a machine that does not have CloneCD installed, you will probably be unable to get the game to start.

the freedom force copy with those settings works in my plextor 24x/10x/40xA… it crashes in any other cd/dvd-rom drive. I think I should use higher quality disks… like mutsui gold or something…

Originally posted by Guncrazy
[B]I’m willing to bet that the only reason the copy works is because of the CloneCD tray program which is running with “Hide CDR Media” checked.

If you try to run it with that option turned off, or run it on a machine that does not have CloneCD installed, you will probably be unable to get the game to start. [/B]

I’ve been able to backup up Freedom Force with my Plex 40X (Firmware v1.01). It not only runs in my Plexwriter (WITHOUT using the ‘hide CDR media’ option), but also in other CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives that are in my other computers. It won’t run in a CD-ROM only drive though.

nah …ever since sd2 started to use the ATIP feature i would install and play that particular game on a cd-rom drive (56x and 24x)…who wants another program running in their task tray…i sure do not…any whoo…freedom force installed and plays fine on my afreey 56x cdrom and that is all i care about!!!

Originally posted by Guncrazy
If you try to run it with that option turned off, or run it on a machine that does not have CloneCD installed, you will probably be unable to get the game to start.
Only if the game is an ATIP checker (SD2.4.x & SecuROM new) and you play it from a burner. If it’s 1:1, it’ll work without Hide CD-R Media in any CD/DVD-ROM :wink:

Freedom Force is SD v2.51.020
It does have ATIP protection but I think this version of Safedisc 2 is still copiable by many drives (That only have 1 dot in the EFM coloumn) without ‘AWS’

Cheers

tru FutureProof…I always forget that SecuROM newuses the atip check…anyway just got Army Men RTS…going to copy it soon