Clone weird ISO error

Using the clone option, I am receiving a strange error -sometimes-…
I put the DVD in (usually its a DL, but that hasnt seemed to matter) and select clone. It reads the disc into an ISO on my HD without a problem, pops the drive out and starts looking for the blank. When I put the blank in, I get the error “Cannnot open file “c:\blah\blah\blah.iso”. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.” I hit OK, and it just hangs. The timer keeps counting up, but it never does anything. I eventually need to hit cancel…

If I keep doing this eventually it will clone the disc. Whats the problem here??? Using version 5.2.3.0.

That is strange, especially the fact that it will eventually work. Have you tried doing it as a two-step process, i.e. selecting an ISO file as the target in Clone? Unless it has information that shouldn’t be published, how about cutting and pasting the actual text from the error message, especially the path. Also, which burning engine are you using with DVDFab?

Exact error message reads:

“Cannnot open file “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\Clone\LST0NNT7.iso”. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.”

I’m curious if the addition of that extra \ to the end of the filename is the problem?

I dont know if this is the same as a 2 part process, but once that fails I have tried to use Full Disc and Write Data, selecting the ISO that was created during clone and I still get the same error. This disc I am stuck on, I have retried 3 times now from scratch (even deleting the temp folder) and it is still giving the error…

I’m not sure if this will help, but I recall an issue similar to this a few weeks back. Another member (? Jethro?) noted that by shortening the file path, in your case, [I]“C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\Clone\LST0NNT7.iso” [/I],
he was able to proceed without problems.

Sorry, I can’t locate the thread right now, but it’s easy enough to try it and probably worth a shot.

I remember this too, I think it was ~Jethro~. Or was that the one where it was failing to write the temp file and giving the message that it already existed or something?

I’m curious if the addition of that extra \ to the end of the filename is the problem?
Yeah.
What do you get when you look at that path with windows explorer, i.e. is there a [B]folder[/B] named LSTONN7.iso, or is the iso file in the \TEMP\CLONE folder as it should be?

[QUOTE=signals;2202853]Or was that the one where it was failing to write the temp file and giving the message that it already existed or something?
[/QUOTE]Hahaha, you’re kidding right?
If it happened more than 10 minutes ago, I have no clue…:doh:
Just ask my wife?..:stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, all I can recall for sure is that the directory name was too long and the process failed repeatedly until he shortened it.

it is just the iso file, it is not a folder…

Shortening the path to just c:\LSTONN7.iso did not work

Try a windows search for the ISO filename. Is that an “O” or a zero in there?

OT LMAO@maineman

Later

The file is in the correct place.
it is a “o”

The problem is in DVDFab I believe…not in the file.

Now it seems this disc will not work at all for cloning. I have tried many times…

Try changing the temp directory in the general setting to a new directory off the root of C:\

Like create c:\fabtemp then in the setting in the general tab set it to that and see what happens.

Using the Full Disc option to copy from the original to the blank works. It seems the Clone option has something wrong with it. Possibly just that added \ on the end of the filename?

[quote=wireman121;2203182]The file is in the correct place.
it is a “o”

The problem is in DVDFab I believe…not in the file.[/quote]My questions generally have a purpose–in this case, to see if the file was being generated and put in the wrong place, or not being made at all.

Try UNchecking the box in Common Settings that says “Delete temporary files when done.”

Its not finishing. The file is also still there once I exit the program. Deleting temp files when done has no relation to my problem.