Clone was split into several 1Gig files can't burn as ISO

I used DVDFAB-5 to Clone an old PS2 game to reburn. I copied it to the harddrive as I had no disk at the time. DVDFAB split the clone into several 1Gig files as can’t have a file bigger than 4Gig on HDD (apparently) tried to burn it to disk but can’t. DVDFAB can’t find it as a ISO file & won’t jion them into an ISO if try to select just the folder files are in.

So can someone tell me how to turn them into a ISO file or be able to burn them. I have another laptop that runs Vista that can hold bigger files than 4 Gig if that helps any by transferring it to that computer.

[QUOTE=Lord123;2222639]I used DVDFAB-5 to Clone an old PS2 game to reburn. I copied it to the harddrive as I had no disk at the time. DVDFAB split the clone into several 1Gig files as can’t have a file bigger than 4Gig on HDD (apparently) tried to burn it to disk but can’t. DVDFAB can’t find it as a ISO file & won’t jion them into an ISO if try to select just the folder files are in.

So can someone tell me how to turn them into a ISO file or be able to burn them. I have another laptop that runs Vista that can hold bigger files than 4 Gig if that helps any by transferring it to that computer.[/QUOTE]

I think you’ll find that, even if you are able to string those 1 GB files together as one, and create an ISO file from them, that they’ll be useless in a game machine, as DVDFab was written to back up DVD films, and not game disks.

The only possible exception would be the game disk that will play in a set-top DVD player, which I don’t think any game disk will.

O’C

:slight_smile:

Hi O’C, DVDFAB (Platinium) say’s that it it ideal for cloning PS2 games. I have copied others with no problem before but that as all in one go, not copied to hard drive. although DVDfab does temporarly store an ISO image to HDD so it can copy from dvd drive and burn it back on the same drive. which begs the question!!!

Why can it store a ISO image larger than 4Gig but when you save it HDD it can’t?

There is an INI file produced which shows the layers of files but I can’t seem to load this INI file so that it reforms all files together as ISO Image.

INI file below;
ISO]
Files=Pitfall - The Lost Expedition.i01;Pitfall - The Lost Expedition.i02
LayerBreak=0

The problem could be that your hard drive is formatted in Fat32 and not in NTFS

[QUOTE=Lord123;2222722]Hi O’C, DVDFAB (Platinium) say’s that it it ideal for cloning PS2 games. I have copied others with no problem before but that as all in one go, not copied to hard drive. although DVDfab does temporarly store an ISO image to HDD so it can copy from dvd drive and burn it back on the same drive. which begs the question!!!

Why can it store a ISO image larger than 4Gig but when you save it HDD it can’t?

There is an INI file produced which shows the layers of files but I can’t seem to load this INI file so that it reforms all files together as ISO Image.

INI file below;
ISO]
Files=Pitfall - The Lost Expedition.i01;Pitfall - The Lost Expedition.i02
LayerBreak=0[/QUOTE]

You’re stuck with the 4 Gig. limit because when the HD was formatted for loading XP, it was formatted with the FAT32 format, rather than the NTFS format, which will allow files larger than 4 GB.

Your comment about DVDFab being able to do games is the first I’ve seen of that… I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that it’s the first I’ve seen of that…

O’C

So do you guy’s know how to join the files together, else what would the point be to for FABDVD platnium to clone it that way if you can’t use the files? They are worthless the way they currently are!

[QUOTE=Lord123;2222741]So do you guy’s know how to join the files together, else what would the point be to for FABDVD platnium to clone it that way if you can’t use the files? They are worthless the way they currently are![/QUOTE]

This method will work [B]ONLY[/B] if you are using the licenced version of DVDFab (as the freebie, DVDFab HD Decrypter currently cannot create ISO images).

In DVDFab, ‘source’, choose the file folder with the various 1 GB files. In ‘target’, make sure your DVD drive is selected, and click on the ‘ISO’ icon (the one beside the ‘folder’ icon).

DVDFab will then take those individual files and create one large ISO file on the DVD you are writing to.

After that, to get the ISO disc to work in the PS2, you’ll need the PS2 boot discs and the ISO disc together in the game machine.(unless you have a mod chip installed in the game machine) and (Assuming that DVDFab copied the disk properly…) nothing I can find indicates it will, and other solutions for copying those particular games involve using VSO’s Blindwrite to do the job.

O’C

DVDFab Clone mode [I]will[/I] copy many game files with no problem.

As previously stated, the problem isn’t Fab, it’s a function of the HDD FAT32 format. It is limited to a file size of 4 GB (- 2 Bytes).

I’m not clear as to how you were able to burn an .ISO file that was larger than 4 GB using Fab and FAT32. Fab always rips to the HDD first regardless, even if only to a temporary directory.

You will have to use an on-the-fly-decrypter or utilize a HDD with NTFS format.
I know that Fab has been successfully backing up PS2 games since about v.4.0.1.6 Beta.
The old dvd decrypter could back up PS2 as well, but you’re still faced with the FAT32 issue.

Is there a reason you’re still using FAT32 with XP?
There are methods to convert FAT32 to NTFS, but you may experience inconsistent results. Generally, it’s preferable to reformat the hdd.
Do you have another hdd?

Lord123:
Use Write Data mode in DVDFab, click on the ISO icon in the Source area and [B]select the INI file[/B] as DVDFab’s input source. I believe it will stitch the 01,02 etc. files back together for burning. This may only work with VSO selected as the burn engine.

[QUOTE=signals;2222774]Lord123:
Use Write Data mode in DVDFab, click on the ISO icon in the Source area and [B]select the INI file[/B] as DVDFab’s input source. I believe it will stitch the 01,02 etc. files back together for burning. This may only work with VSO selected as the burn engine.[/QUOTE]
Great idea pard…I didn’t think of that one…hope it works.

Mornin Pard
Pretty sure this is how Clone coped with DLs when FAT32 was more common. It is an anachronism for HDDs in PCs nowadays IMO.

Lord123
Please let us know if this works.

Hey all you guy’s who replied to my thread here.

I have solved the problem!! The problem is that there is a problem/glitch with the DVDFab 5 Platinum Versions. It will create the files but will not write the files as it is supposed to with the write data button. I had been trying for several attempts to write these files using the write data button even on another laptop.

I had unistalled and reinstalled several versions of the DVDFAB 5 Version and none worked. I installed an earlier version I had keep on a Safetydisk (lucky me). DVDFAB Platinum Version 3140 and it imediately writes the data files as though they are one and tested disk in my PS2 and Viola Iam a happy chappy it WORKS!!! So pass the message on to all those other people that Version % has faults Glitches, thanks for all your input!!

Thats Versions 5 of DVDFAB that has the glitches not Version %.

And yes I cannot understand why dvd fab can save a larger file than 4Gig either, unless it is being partially held in random memory maybe???

Did you open the INI file?

Yes I did open the ini file

I had been for several hours and it would only ‘Format’ and then immediately ‘Finalise’ the disk without burning image/files.

It was fixed by installing an earlier version of DVDFAB as previoulsy stated.

Obvious glitch in what appears all Versions 5

I had been for several hours and it would only ‘Format’ and then immediately ‘Finalise’ the disk without burning image/files.

[QUOTE=Lord123;2222796]Thats Versions 5 of DVDFAB that has the glitches not Version %.

[B]And yes I cannot understand why dvd fab can save a larger file than 4Gig either, unless it is being partially held in random memory maybe???[/B][/QUOTE]

It can do this, and only to your HD, if said HD is formatted to the NTFS system, as that allows for files larger than 4 GB to be saved. I now realize the mistake I made earlier, as to do an ISO larger than 4 GB, even if the files are started in 1 GB blocks, a temp buffer is needed on the HD to hold that ISO, prior to the disc write.

Of course, there is no problem writing large files to DVDs, but Fab does need that buffer on the HD before it can do the DVD write.

You may want to consider changing over your HD to NTFS, as this could prove to be an on-going problem with what you do.

O’C

I have this split clone problem also, when using DVDFab 6 on a Windows XP box. It is not saving the files the the local hard drive, but to a network shared drive on a Linux server. The interesting thing is, if I clone to the local drive it creates one .iso file yet when cloning to the network drive, it creates multiple 1GB fragments.

If I install DVDFab 6 on my old Win2K box where I used to run DVDFab 5, the clone is created as a single .iso file (same DVD, same network share destination).

Has anyone seen this behavior before? This is a licensed version of DVDFab.