Clone problem

vbimport

I just bought a 1T HD to install on my Dell E6510 i7 8 G laptop, I wanted to clone from the original drive, I used both Aconis and Aoemi, using a dvd power supply and dvd attachment, the new disk is recognized by the computer, but not in the clone programs? Any help appreciated.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2780295]I just bought a 1T HD to install on my Dell E6510 i7 8 G laptop, I wanted to clone from the original drive, I used both Aconis and Aoemi, using a dvd power supply and dvd attachment, the new disk is recognized by the computer, but not in the clone programs? Any help appreciated.[/QUOTE]
What programs are they? Is there lots of them or just a few? If I was you I would’ve done a Factory Image Recovery and uninstalled the junkware and reinstalled your software. That way you will insure everything is clean running. And what do you mean “Not in the clone programs” this is vague as to what it says???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2780300]What programs are they? Is there lots of them or just a few? If I was you I would’ve done a Factory Image Recovery and uninstalled the junkware and reinstalled your software. That way you will insure everything is clean running. And what do you mean “Not in the clone programs” this is vague as to what it says???[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply Cool, there were only a few programs, What I meant to say was the Clone programs when asked for a destination drive did not show any to clone from the source drive.

Did you go into Disk Management and format and set up a partition, then assign it a drive letter?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2780306]Did you go into Disk Management and format and set up a partition, then assign it a drive letter?[/QUOTE]
Thanks Kerry, I went to disk management, formatted the drive, assigned a drive letter, to be honest I , to be honest I never partitioned a drive before, I got to where there are now two partitions whereas there was only one, so I assume it’s partitioned. If so its still not being recognized by the clone programs. It does work when I installed Win. 7 but cannot get the network adapter to work even after I did a drive diagnosis with Dell driver diagnostic system and that say’s all my drivers are working, but no WiFi, maybe a bad disk?

No, not a bad disk if you installed Win 7 on it.

What model is it? You should be able to look up the available drivers at the Dell site using the model number + the correct operating system, 32bit vs 64bit.

Thanks Kerry, its a Clover Cn-M101, I have Win. 7 64 bit . The crazy thin about the drivers is I did just as you said, they did a scan and downloaded all my drivers and is supposedly up to date but on Device Manager shows Network Controller, Ethernet controller and Broadcom are all bad?

Have you tried right clicking (in Device Manager) on the ones that are not working, and updating the drivers?

At the Dell site there are several diagnostic downloads, but I don’t know which one would apply. There are nine different downloads for networking, like this LAN driver: downloads.dell.com/network/INTEL_825XX-GIGABIT-PLATFORM_A06_R290983.exe

I found them by going to the Dell site–>Support–>Latitude E6510–>Windows 7 64bit–>Drivers and Downloads–>Find it Myself.

Kerry, thanks a million worked like a charm, don’t know what I’d do without you guy’s(&gals)