Clone or Full Disk Copy

vbimport

I see a lot of discussion about proper selection of the layer break when using DL media. I use DVD-R DL and I use the Clone option. Is it better to use the Full Disk Copy and remove all the protection from my backed up originals?

[QUOTE=Eidos;2548562]I see a lot of discussion about proper selection of the layer break when using DL media. I use DVD-R DL and I use the Clone option. Is it better to use the Full Disk Copy and remove all the protection from my backed up originals?[/QUOTE]

Hi Eidos

Welcome to the DVDFab section of MyCE :flower:

Well to be honest the only real difference between the Clone mode and the Full disc Mode is that with the Full disc Mode you have the option to remove the layer break and/or alter the (playback navigation…eg…“Jump to main menu when disc is inserted”, “Jump to main title when disc is inserted” and “Remove annoying PGC like FBI waring”).

If you don’t remove the layer break or alter the navigation then the full disc mode will create the same resulting backup as the clone mode, as far as the protection it is also removed on the clone mode backup as well. :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]