Clone DVD2 can no longer copy dVD movies. Error message says Source Data is Too Large

vbimport

Is something wrong with new Slysoft updates for AnyDVD and Clone DVD2?
How can I :sad:resume making copies of DVDs?
The error claims the copied a nd reduced in size files are too large to be written to a DVD-R clean blank.

On left quality bar select dvd-5. Is your hard drive full?? I use the latest clonedvd and anydvd without any problems. What versions of slysoft software are you using and what are you backing up?? also what media are you using. You can also go to slysoft’s forum and see if other people had this problem the board would be full of the same problem your having.

[QUOTE=bilieb;2481511]Is something wrong with new Slysoft updates for AnyDVD and Clone DVD2?
How can I :sad:resume making copies of DVDs?
The error claims the copied a nd reduced in size files are too large to be written to a DVD-R clean blank.[/QUOTE]

What it means is the target media is to small for the source image you created you either need to get the larger 8.4G media to burn to or else use the CloneDVD compression so it will fit it onto a 4.7G media. There is a option in CloneDVD that gives you the option to go from DVD9 to DVD5 of which you will need if you want to compress a 8.4G movie onto a 4.7G blank dvd media. There is nothing wrong with either software it’s telling you to use correct target media or use CloneDVD compression to fit it onto smaller media. They don’t need to go to slysoft forum but they are welcome to do so…there are plenty of people on here whom talked about this problem as well here and given solution to the problem…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2481615]What it means is the target media is to small for the source image you created you either need to get the larger 8.4G media to burn to or else use the CloneDVD compression so it will fit it onto a 4.7G media. There is a option in CloneDVD that gives you the option to go from DVD9 to DVD5 of which you will need if you want to compress a 8.4G movie onto a 4.7G blank dvd media. There is nothing wrong with either software it’s telling you to use correct target media or use CloneDVD compression to fit it onto smaller media. They don’t need to go to slysoft forum but they are welcome to do so…there are plenty of people on here whom talked about this problem as well here and given solution to the problem…[/QUOTE]

Thanks to all who posted a reply to my original message. I’ve carefully followed the advice I received. Although I made sure I unchecked every unnecessary title, made sure my Quality was set for DVD-5, only checked English for the spoken language along with english sub-titles, used a DVD-R capable of being written to at 16X speed (my log shows writing to DVD set at 8X speed, and the Quality bar is all the way to the right in the green for the compression of DVDClone, I am still having the same problem. When my error message arrived saying the source data is too large I clicked Details and it read “Write DVD 14 W2”. I use a DVD reader/writer HL-DT-ST DVRAM GH22L540 (rev LL00) which allows me to write to all kinds of DVD blanks as well as CD’s.
I placed my help problem on the Slysoft Forum but I’ll need to wait a couple of weeks before I can expect a response. I think that is a long time to wait.

Hi :slight_smile:
Well I just looked & saw no posts in the other forum.
So you will wait I long time for a response.
If you have set up CloneDVD 2 properly.
Yet still get the error of which you’re stating.
Then maybe AnyDVD isn’t removing all the stuff it should.
Are you using the latest AnyDVD (HD) beta 6.6.1.2?
If so you’ll need to post the AnyDVD log.

Here is the AnyDVD “log” for the DVD I’m trying to copy:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.9)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7220S 1.00 2008/10/01 13:52
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2065712 sectors (4034 MBytes)
Total size: 3651368 sectors (7131 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ROVING_MARS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
RCE protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 3 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

My copy of AnyDVD is version 6.6.0.9 which is my latest update.

The file that CloneDVD creates is 4.35 GB.

Not quite the log I had in mind.
Insert disc & right click on the Red Fox.
Then click on “Create logfile”.
In the meantime try the latest beta.
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6612.exe

HI. Thanks. I just installed the latest beta you linked me to. Meanwhile I tried to get the log file you requested but have not been able to right click on any Redfox I’ve found that will offer me a logfile. I’ve tried the redfox icon in my Windows XP pro bottom toolbar, the one on my desktop which is only a shortcut to my program and from my Program files listing. I did see an AnyDVD History but that seems to be a record of my past AnyDVD updates.

Meanwhile I’ll try the Beta version on the DVD I’m presently trying to copy.

When I click on the Fox, I get

You then go to c:\Users
ame\Documents to get to the folder AnyDVD_logs.

[QUOTE=bilieb;2481693]The file that CloneDVD creates is 4.35 GB.[/QUOTE]
That is the normal size folder.I assume that is the size of the VIDEO_TS folder ?
I would try uninstalling CloneDVD2 . Reboot & reinstall it.

[QUOTE=cholla;2481706]That is the normal size folder.I assume that is the size of the VIDEO_TS folder ?
I would try uninstalling CloneDVD2 . Reboot & reinstall it.[/QUOTE]

A valid point, well made.
Though there is a possibility that not all (unseen) proctection is being removed.
As I am not in region 1.
Don’t have that disc anyway.
I started @ the beginning.
Hence I wanted the log.
It gives all the info you could want.

Hi zebadee, I agree a log is always helpful.
Of course the rip the log was made from would be with AnyDVD instead of CloneDVD2.
I’ve never had this problem with Clone .If I did I would probably try ImgBurn in Build mode & take a look at its log.

I can create the zipped log file. How do I include it here. Is there any particular file within the zipped log file that I can try to cut & paste? I have two DVD drives. Neither one will write the finished CloneDVD2 VIDEO_TS files. Whether
CloneDVD2 compressed the selected original DVD files down to 63% or whether I removed all titles except the main movie which was at 100% in the green, the files produced for VIDO_TS were all the same file size and all produced the error message of either 1) The writer is not capable of writing the source data as requested OR Source data too large. Both details said WriteDVD 14 W2.
Perhaps I should remove CloneDVD2 from my hard drive and reboot and then go to Slysoft and download it again. I no longer have the DVD I was copying but I do have the VIDEO_TS folder it created but was too large to copy to a blank DVD-R.

[QUOTE=bilieb;2482188]I no longer have the DVD I was copying but I do have the VIDEO_TS folder it created but was too large to copy to a blank DVD-R.[/QUOTE]

This parts makes me have to ask you need to own or have it still for use to help you…

I’m going to give bilieb the benefit of the doubt for the time being.Maybe he loaned the DVD he owns to his grandma.
Try loading the VIDEO_TS folder in ImgBurn Build mode.
Use the blue calculator.
Then Build to a new blank DVD - or + R.
In ImgBurn Log File pulldown select Save As
Change the file name to ImgBurn.txt instead of .log.
Then you can post it here as an attachment .txt file.
Make sure you select a location where you can find the .txt file.I suggest Documents or Desktop.

[QUOTE=cholla;2482261][B]I’m going to give bilieb the benefit of the doubt for the time being.Maybe he loaned the DVD he owns to his grandma.[/B]
Try loading the VIDEO_TS folder in ImgBurn Build mode.
Use the blue calculator.
Then Build to a new blank DVD - or + R.
In ImgBurn Log File pulldown select Save As
Change the file name to ImgBurn.txt instead of .log.
Then you can post it here as an attachment .txt file.
Make sure you select a location where you can find the .txt file.I suggest Documents or Desktop.[/QUOTE]
Thank you cholla, we always try to give the OP " Benefit of Doubt "unless we are sure there is copyright infringement. In this case lets just help the OP to the best of our abilty. Thankyou.

I looked up ImgBurn on the internet and downloaded the non-professional program. Now I can’t find out where this program is located on my Windows XP computer or how to turn it on to try to follow your instructions.
I never had problems with my AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 programs before and I appreciate any help I can get, thank you.

[QUOTE=bilieb;2482292]I looked up ImgBurn on the internet and downloaded the non-professional program. Now I can’t find out where this program is located on my Windows XP computer or how to turn it on to try to follow your instructions.
I never had problems with my AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 programs before and I appreciate any help I can get, thank you.[/QUOTE]
Did you download the beta 6612 of AnyDVD like Zebadee said? You dont need Imgburn and if you downloaded it , it would be exactly where all the other programs you download are. Here is the latest AnyDVD update 6.6.1.2 Beta not 6.6.0.9. Please try it.

http://go.myce.com/?id=49X85&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsandbox.slysoft.com%2Fbeta%2FSetupAnyDVD6612.exe

[QUOTE=bilieb;2482292] I looked up ImgBurn on the internet and downloaded the non-professional program. [/QUOTE]
I’m not sure what you mean by

non-professional program.

There is only one version of ImgBurn & it is freeware.
If you’re knocking ImgBurn when you haven’t even tried it.Why?

@alan1476 ; Your Welcome.

The reason I suggested ImgBurn is it will produce a burn log.
AnyDVD will only produce a rip log.
The OP Is having a problem with the burn & not the rip as far as I can tell.Unless the original rip was bad.
I wish CloneDVD2 did create a burn log.I would find that feature handy since I use it for most DVD burns.
I still reccomend an uninstall of CloneDVD & a reboot.
Then downloading a new copy from Slysoft is a good idea.
Install that & reboot again.
When you do the uninstall you will be asked if you want to keep the registry information.You do want to keep it.If you don’t you will need to put the key back in.

You mention Write DVD 14 W2 errors there are different things that can cause this but one that I know of is zonealarm antivirus . I have to either turn it off or go to exceptions for it and make the process clonedvd2.exe and exception for it to stop giving Write DVD 14 W2.