Clone dvd2 and any dvd

vbimport

I recorded a vhs film onto dvd all was ok until I tried to make a backup copy , clone dvd2 refused to allow me to preview the films on the dvd from the start, the preview started about halfway into the first title and wouldnt allow me to scan through to the end of the second title, nor would it copy the dvd in its entirety, The film was the flipside of dominic hide, and another flip for dominic , the two vhs fitted nicely on a standard blank disc and played fine, but try as i may i couldnt copy it with my usual software, any dvd reported alpha protection on the disc which had somehow sneaked through which it removed but preview these titles or make a starighforward copy not a chance, prior to all the upgrades to these programs I could copy anything it didnt seem to matter whether it was home produced or commercial anyone have any ideas or similar experiences

@ SHREK2005,

Are you sure that you actually copied a VHS Tape to DVD because it is very suspicious that you would have alpha protection protections problems.

I am trying figuring out if your problem is a DVD authoring problem or DVD recording problem.

Perchance can you reveal what software program you used to author this VHS Tape to DVD and what DVD recording software program you used to record this DVD.

Perchance have you attempted to play this DVD with a computer DVD viewing software program similar to PowerDVD. If so what was the result?

Also suggest that you check this problematic DVD with DVDInfo Pro (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or similar program for read errors. Open DVDInfo and on the opening page look on the top menu bar. There is a little magnifying glass icon (Test Your Media For CRC Read Errors). Insert you problematic DVD into your computer DVD device and click on the magnifying glass icon and check for CRC errors. If DVDInfo Pro reveals CRC Read errors on the problematic DVD it is possible that this is the reason that you cannot re-record this DVD.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for your response! I simply removed the macrovision, then used my phillips dvd to record the vhs to dvd , I then simply fired up any dvd and clone dvd2 to make a permanent copy of both tapes on one dvd r- dvd , It played fine in an ordinary dvd player and windows m player and power dvd , it was only when i attempted to back up my first copy that alpha protection showed up which any dvd dealt with, tried other films id recorded direct off the tv 2 titles/films , I could preview either film separately but couldnt copy starightforward, In the end I went back to dvd decryptor and used shrink and roxio to burn my copy , i was just curious as to what could be messing with my clone dvd2 , in the past it didnt matter what source i used but now probs

@ SHREK2005,

Perchance did you ever check this problematic Flipside Of Dominic Hide/Another Flip For Dominic DVD with DVDInfo Pro (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or similar program for Read Errors? Open DVDInfo and on the opening page look on the top menu bar. There is a little magnifying glass icon (Test Your Media For CRC Read Errors). Insert your problematic Flipside Of Dominic Hide/Another Flip For Dominic DVD into your computer DVD device and click on the magnifying glass icon and check for CRC errors. If DVDInfo Pro reveals CRC Read Errors on the problematic Flipside Of Dominic Hide/Another Flip For Dominic DVD you have a problem with your film to DVD recording process/procedure.

I believe you will find that your Flipside Of Dominic Hide/Another Flip For Dominic DVD has Write Errors that were induced when you recorded this DVD. It might also be a good idea to check your other film to DVD conversions for Read Errors because I believe from what you are describing that your DVD recording process/procedure is inducing Write/Read Errors.

If your film to DVD conversion process is correct you should not have any problems playing these film to DVDs in any DVD player or re-recording the DVD. If you can’t re-record your film to DVD conversion DVDs with out any problems no matter what DVD copy software program you use your film to DVD conversion process/procedure is flawed in some manner.

Most likely the problem is related to the quality of blank DVD media you are using.

Best Regards,
bjkg

You can also try this method, copy the Video_TS folder to a temporary directory on your hard drive. Then use the third button (write existing data) in CloneDVD to copy the files. If you suspect copy protection remains make sure you are using the latest version of AyDVD 5.2.6.1 ( actually there is 5.2.71 beta not indicated at Slysoft).

If there is no copy protection, don’t use AnyDVD when attempting to burn with CloneDVD.

Thanks for your replies I will try what you suggest, I dont think i will somehow get to the bottom of this , anything could be responsible, I used a timebase unit to originally make the first dvd from a double vhs tape , burning them on a phillips as I sais the probs started when i tried a second copy , Ive ditched any dvd off the pc for a while anyway gone back to dvd decryptor which is slower, I really appreciate the help I have been shown, if you want to backup vhs to dvd buy a timebase corrector/enhancer though i suspect it may be harder to find these units now thanks to certaoin companies but it sometimes gets around problems when pc software wont work Thanks again to all who have responded

@ SHREK2005,

I am sorry to read your “I dont think i will somehow get to the bottom of this, anything could be responsible” response. I fully believe that your problem is that when you record your DVDs that you are inducing Write Errors. I believe this is caused by the poor quality of blank DVD media you are using. This can be easily and quickly confirmed by simply checking you problematic DVD with DVDInfo Pro for CRC Reads Error as detailed in my previous Forum posting in this thread. If DVDInfo Pro confirms CRC Error acquire top of line quality DVD media and all you problems are corrected/cured. Nothing mysterious or difficult.

I personally routinely convert old classic VHS VCR Video Tapes I purchase at local flea markets to DVD. I can assure you that I don’t have any of the problems you are experiencing.

I use a JVC HR-5290IU VCR and output to a DataVideo Dac-100 Analog/DV converter to my computer hard drive. Then use TMPGEnc DVD Author to author to the DVD format and CloneDVD to compress to DVD-R size and record to DVD-R media. The whole VHS VCR Video Tape to DVD conversion takes approximately 3 1/2 hours at the most… The finished DVD plays flawlessly in all my stand-alone desktop payers. I can make back up copies of these VHS VCR Tape to DVD conversions without any problems.

If you are doing VHS VCR Video Tape to DVD conversion there is absolutely no reason to be using the AnyDVD or DVD Decryptor software programs. Your timebase corrector/enhancer takes care of any encryption copy protection contained on the VHS VCR Video Tape.

Best Regards,
bjkg