Clone dvd2 2.8.5.1+anydvd 5.4.4.1

a friend of mine as just bort new dvd burner and is un able to burn dvds every think gose ok till it comes to writting borders and flushing buffers then the writter stops at that point ad will not close discs till the eject buuton is pressed then it closes but disc is currupt coaster he needs help i dont know how to help him as i dont copy dvds and dont have these programs my self plese help me to help him

what brand of burner? what are his cimputer spec’s? it is not uncommon to find a drive stuck in PIO mode when installing a new drive he should check to see if the drive is operationg in DMA2 as it should be. also thelatest version of AnyDVD is 5.5.5.1 he should update.

The latest update to AnyDVD is version 5.6.1.1 and works as always with CloneDVD 2.8.5.1, here are the changes…

Changes in AnyDVD 5.6.1.1, 2005 11 27:

• New: Added detection and removal of a new type of protection “MacroVision RipGuard” as found on “Madagascar WideScreen” R1 (US) or “Vet Hard” R2 (Netherlands) to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
    Note: RipGuard could be copied together with elby CloneDVD2 since AnyDVD version 5.4.1.1, but this new version supports drag and drop of all files from DVD to harddisk as well!
  • New: Added support for a new version of the Sony Arccos protection as found on “Seinfeld Season 6 Disc 3” R2 (German) to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Information Window now shows MacroVision RipGuard, if it was detected.
  • New: Information Window now displays, if “Error zones between files” have been removed, like on “Resident Evil - Apocalypse” R1 (US)

many yhank for the info after doing some serching i found that is dvd writer was a samsung and i flashed it to the lastest firmware for him now its working fine i will tell him to update any dvd as you say now i can get back to sorting my own pc whitch as problems with sp2 as always many thank for your help