Clone Dvd

I AM UNABLE TO USE CLONE DVD TO BACKUP DVDS, IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT CSS. ANY IDEAS, I HAVE TO USE DVD X COPY. NERO DOES THE SAME, BRINGS UP CSS ERROR

Clone DVD cannot back up CSS protected DVDs (and they are all CSS protected) and neither can Nero, because these are legal products and it is not allowed to copy protected DVDs. You need a tool like AnyDVD which removes CSS (and digital audio) protection. For further information go to slysoft.com

CloneDVD FAQ

AnyDVD

Technical questions about AnyDVD

Just a note…it is LEGAL to BACKUP and I repeat BACKUP a personal copy of a DVD you OWN…now to get to the good part…take a look at dvd decrypter…its cheap(free) and real easy to use…just remeber to have enough hard drive space as backing up a DVD can take as much as 9 GIGS if you decide to decrypt the entire disc…good luck…

Just a note…it is LEGAL to BACKUP and I repeat BACKUP a personal copy of a DVD you OWN…

There are countries in which it’s illegal to back up DVDs which are copy protected, even if it’s for your own use…

Originally posted by TommyGunn1972

…take a look at dvd decrypter…its cheap(free) and real easy to use…
The same with DVD Shrink 3.14

Originally posted by vomitator
There are countries in which it’s illegal to back up DVDs which are copy protected, even if it’s for your own use…

More important:

There are countries in which it’s illegal to sell (and develop!) tools which back up DVDs which are copy protected!

Maybe now everybody understands, why the authors of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink keep their identity a secret.

As CloneDVD is a commercial product, Elaborate Bytes AG decided not to bypass any copy protection. There is no much possibility to hide their identity… everyone would recognise the sheep :slight_smile:

Great Point…i forgot that there are countries out there that don’t allow backups or software that is able too…thanks for the reminder

Is it illegal to sell my copy of these programs

Not to mention that here in America, you’re allowed to make the backup as long as you don’t bypass any copy protection :rolleyes:

Nothing quite like opening a two year old thread…

dallas…wtf…did you read every page to the end or something?

Oh sure, why not… This must be a post from a different planet!