Clone DVD Supported Drives

vbimport

Hi All,

Clone CD had a section in help that listed all the CD Burners that supported CloneCD. With information on which drive worked best with the software and which drive did this and that the best etc.

I’m in the market for a DVD Burner and I want the most feature packed, the one that will beat al the Copy Protection Software to make LEGAL Backups of my discs so I don’t wreck the originals and so on and so forth. Does Clone DVD have a supported Burners list as Clone CD did.

Secondly,

Can someone tell me, what’s this I have been reading about Clone DVD Crashing! To make a backup of a DVD with copy protection do I also need “AnyDVD”??? I’m new to the whole DVD thing can someone help!!!

Ta

Willo

Originally posted by Willo

the one that will beat al the Copy Protection Software to make LEGAL Backups of my discs so I don’t wreck the originals and so on and so forth.

To make a backup of a DVD with copy protection do I also need AnyDVD ?
Yes. So goto > AnyDVD

Thanks for your reply. Can anyone help out with the other issues raised???

Ta

Willo

I’m in the market for a DVD Burner and I want the most feature packed, the one that will beat al the Copy Protection Software to make LEGAL Backups of my discs
Once again, AnyDVD will do it for you :
AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background.
This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well.
With AnyDVD’s help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy, InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies.
With the help of AnyDVD you can watch movies with non matching region codes with every DVD Player Software you like!

AnyDVD decrypts not just DVDs: AnyDVD allows you also to play,
copy and rip protected Audio CDs!

BoSkin,

I appreciate your reply, howver as previously stated and as you have previously answered the question about AnyDVD was answered in your first reply. Look further into the requests, there is an actual question there that doesn’t even mention AnyDVD.

I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but hey!!

If anyone can help please feel free to…:confused:

Does Clone DVD have a supported Burners list as Clone CD did.

Willo,

No, it doesn’t. Why should it ? I don’t think you really get the point here.

BoSkin,

Mate, if I’m not getting the point then your not explaining yourself very well, can I please ask one of the moderators to step in here cause this is going to get terse.

In my original post there were three distinct queries:-

1. Does Clone DVD have a list of SUPPORTED DRIVES as Clone CD did, which is a fair question seeing as how both products are made from Elaborate Bytes!!
    “CloneCD 4 Supported Writers”

2. If I wish to back up my DVD Movies do I need some other program running in unison with CloneDVD such as AnyDVD, the name of which I found in the threads??

3. Can someone tell me the low down on CloneDVD Crashing???

And I surrender myself to the I don’t know S**T about this, pool of people, really asking for a little bit of “Spell it out for me real simple” Help.

All I get from BoSkin is “Yeah use AnyDVD”

Thanks for your replies I DO ACTUALLY APPRECIATE them. I have been browsing CDFreaks for two years now, I find it an excellent source of information and you guys are a credit. So I am really perplexed as to why I’m having so much trouble this time getting answers.

Thanks Again

Willo

P.S Future you never really answered those other questions we were bandering around a few months back, very secretive aren’t you…

1. CloneDVD will support your new drive, but there is no list of supported burners. AFAIK there are no common burners which are not supported by CloneDVD.
  2. As backing up DVDs is illegal, you will definetely need a little help from a friend like AnyDVD, which removes CSS protection. There are alternatives but from my pov AnyDVD is the best option, if it’s alright for you to spent a few bucks. If you want freeware search for DVDShrink.
  3. As CloneDVD is probably used by lots of different users with lots of different system specs, there will always be reports of conflicts and system crashes. I run many different burning applications and lots of versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD and I’ve never had any problems. Once AnyDVD couldn’t back up certain DVDs, but the support from Slysoft was fast and perfect. My ( and other users’) problem was fixed in a couple of days!!
    BTW, it will be hard to find a drive that can back up all kinds of current copy protection.

> 1. Does Clone DVD have a list of SUPPORTED DRIVES as Clone CD did, which is a fair question seeing as how both products are made from Elaborate Bytes!!
<

No. As CloneDVD works with every DVD Burner available, there is no such list.

> 2. If I wish to back up my DVD Movies do I need some other program running in unison with CloneDVD such as AnyDVD, the name of which I found in the threads?? <

Yes, if you want to back up DVDs with Copy Protection.

> 3. Can someone tell me the low down on CloneDVD Crashing??? <

CloneDVD is very stable. I have never seen a crash which was caused by it.

Olli & Vominator,

You guys are real gems. Thanks for your kind help, I really appreciate it.

I’m in the market for a DVD Burner and I want the most feature packed, the one that will beat al the Copy Protection Software

Content protection

Developed by the so-called “4C” group - Intel, IBM, Matsushita and Toshiba - in co-operation with the Copy Protection Technical Working Group (CPTWG), the Content Protection System Architecture (CPSA) provides an overall framework for content protection across the entire DVD family. The CPSA architecture has been designed to accommodate the major existing content protection technologies as well as allowing the integration of new technologies as they emerge. Through close collaboration between the relevant groups, it has also been designed to be consistent with and avoid duplication of copy protection measures emanating from the Secure Digital Music Initiative.
The CPSA architecture is comprehensive, spanning analogue and digital, audio and video, consumer electronics and PC systems and physical and electronic distribution techniques. A comprehensive content protection system depends on both technologies and policies. CPSA specifies the use of two key technologies - watermarking and encryption - to together provide a means to enforce content protection policies.

Watermarking is a technology that allows content management information (CMI) to be embedded in content in a way that is transparent to the end-user of that content and robust against the information being either removed or altered in any way. Sometimes referred to as “usage rules”, CMI indicates the conditions and requirements constraining use of the content. It stays with the content regardless of the content’s analogue or digital representation. Watermarking does not, in and of itself, protect the content. Rather, the protection comes from compliant devices responding appropriately to manage the content in accordance with the CMI. Such protection is realised only if there is some means to compel devices to be compliant. That means encryption.

Encryption is a way of scrambling digital content so that it is unusable (not recognisable) unless it is first descrambled (decrypted). To get the necessary intellectual property to be able to decrypt the content, a license is required. That license contract specifies requirements to manage the content according to its CMI.

CSS - Content Scrambling System (the copy protection system used for DVD media. It is implemented in chipsets inside the DVD player): Method for protecting DVD-Video content via authentication and content scrambling developed primarily by Matsushita and Toshiba. Descrambling requires a pair of keys. One of these is unique to the disc, while the other is unique to the MPEG-2 file being descrambled. The keys are stored on the lead-in area of the disc, which can only read by compliant drives. Anyone wishing to build compliant devices must obtain a license, which contains the requirement that the rest of the copy-protection system be implemented.

DeCSS was used as a guide by programmers around the world to create hundreds of equivalent programs, some merely to demonstrate the trivial ease with which the system could be bypassed, and others to implement an open source DVD player (the licensing restrictions on CSS would have made it impossible for an open source implementation through official channels). Since no commercial DVD drivers have been made available for some open source operating systems, users of those operating systems require an open source implementation simply in order to play a legally purchased DVD using their legally purchased hardware and software. But, once the unencrypted source video is available in digital form, it can be copied without degradation; thus it is also possible to use DeCSS as part of a scheme to copy DVD videos to another medium with no loss of quality

To emphasize - it is impossible to encrypt digital information so that it cannot be copied precisely by any device capable of reading and writing the medium in question.

BoSkin,

I think your being a SmartArse.

Hey Olli,

I thought I read somewhere that CloneDVD was shutting down systems or crashing at the last moment of burning to DVD??

Maybe it was because of dodgy licence keys??

What is the lowdown??

If I buy Clone DVD, how long am I entitled to updates for???

Ta

Willo
:bow:

:cop:

BoSkin,

I think your being a SmartArse.
Willo,

is there anything wrong here ?

[QUOTE]
really asking for a little bit of “Spell it out for me real simple” Help.

You put in the long winded - technical jargoned reply, that Olli had already helped out with. Look I don’t know you and you don’t know me. Please just forget this thread and let people with real communication skills help out.

Ta

Willo

How the hell do I use this QUOTE thing???

Bugger

> I thought I read somewhere that CloneDVD was shutting down systems or crashing at the last moment of burning to DVD?? <

AFAIR this was caused by a defective modem driver.

> Maybe it was because of dodgy licence keys?? <

No.

> If I buy Clone DVD, how long am I entitled to updates for??? <

1 year minimum for free, later for a reduced upgrade fee.

Olli had already helped out with
Karl,

Can I touch you now ?

[B]How the hell do I use this QUOTE thing???

Bugger [/B]

You need [quote] at the beginning of the piece of text you want to quote then /quote] after. there need to be a [ at the beginning of the /quote] but if i cannot put that on in this example otherwise it will work as a quote.

Boskin, give it a rest :rolleyes:

Originally posted by hburrows83

You need [quote] at the beginning of the piece of text you want to quote then /quote] after. there need to be a [ at the beginning of the /quote] but if i cannot put that on in this example otherwise it will work as a quote.
Why not to use , CD Freaks Senior Member ?
And while there, you can pick/choose/ erase whatever you like.

As for the rest, why wouldn’t you do likewise ?
Just like as it was here from the very beginning.

I’ve already sent philamber my request upon editing some unnecessary stuff here.
So, it’s just a matter of time until the order is finally restored.