Clone Dvd Gives Me Write Errror at the begininig of the 2nd Stage Help!

vbimport

When i use Clone Dvd it’s going fine until i get to the second stage where it is time to burn it to the blank dvd i keep getting a write errror, right at the begining, and i end up wasting a couple of blank dvd’s. Anyone have any suggestions?

What type of media are you using?..Be specific.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

And what version of CloneDVD are you using?

@ anderson31175,

In two CloneDVD Forum postings referenced below you have reported when using Fuji media problems in CloneDVD when CloneDVD begins to write data.

In these two CloneDVD Forum posting I have informed you that your problem you are reporting is most likely caused by DVD media incompatibility between your DVD Burner and the particular DVD media you are using.

How many times do you need to post about this problem. Strongly suggest visiting the below referenced threads and proceed with the trouble shooting procedure that I have detailed for you. Specially note the comments concerning your DVD Burner firmware.

OLLI: CloneDVD/AnyDVD errors and suggestions
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=142543

Re: Media Write error, caused by bad media…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=136081

Best Regards,
bjkg

that’s very true…i’ve had that happen to me with a particular brand of media and one type of burner…used a different burner, used the same media…no problems…some burners are just plain fickle…some media is just plain bad…

thanx guys i found out it was just the type of dvd’s i was using and slysoft hasn’t been much of a help.

@ anderson31175,

You have posted in many threads in the CloneDVD Forum that you have problems using Fuji DVD media.

In many of these posting I have stated that the problem your experiencing is caused by DVD media incompatibility between your DVD Burner and the particular DVD media you are using.

There is nothing wrong with Fuji DVD Media. Fuji DVD media is very good DVD media.

To correct this media incompatibility problem the corrective action is to update the firmware of your DVD Burner.

View the below posting and follow the details procedure and your problem will be corrected.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1050113&postcount=14

Please don’t suggest that your problem is in any way related to the use of any SlySoft software programs. I state again that you need to update the firmware of your DVD Burner and your by DVD media incompatibility problem will be corrected.

If you would look through out the CloneDVD and AnyDVD Forums you will see that Elaborate Bytes through Olli and SlySoft through James bend over backwards to provide support to their customers. Please do not make unfounded complains about SlySoft Customer Support.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Hi All
Sorry i don’t know if i am posting in the right spot or not, forgive me i am new to the forum and new to owning a dvd burner.

I have one question.
I have a sony DRU 800A dvd burner. I have Nero recode 2 that i just downloaded and AnyDVD. I also have DVD43.My problem is when i put the blank disk in to burn a movie Nero recode or anydvd is kicking the disk back out and giving me a failed message.All it says is unexpected exception and then asks if i want to save the log file.After that the program freezes up and i have to shut down and try again.I have tried it will diff movies and i get the same message for all of them. Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong and what the message means.It doesnt give a help option when it fails either.
Hope i left enough info for you to help me

Thx again Char7722

@ Char7722,

AnyDVD does not burn data to DVD media so this error message you are receiving is not being generated by the AnyDVD software Program.

Evidently this error message is being generated by whatever DVD burning program you are using.

This error message, which you fail to provide, is most likely caused by DVD media incompatibility between your DVD Burner and the particular DVD media you are using.

This problem can possibly be corrected by insuring you DVD Burner has the latest firmware available installed. Sony doesn’t actually manufacture DVD Burners and your Sony DRU 800A is actually manufacture by Lite-On and is a Lite-On SOHW-1693S DVD Burner. Lite-On firmware is more current and better performing DVD Firmware than the Sony Firmware. So when looking for DVD Burner firmware you should be looking for the latest firmware for the Lite-On SOHW-1693S.

The other possibility is that the DVD media you attempting is use is not good quality DVD media and you need to purchase known good quality DVD media.

In any case this is the Clone DVD Forum you are posting to. Nowhere in your posting do you mention that you are in using the CloneDVD software program. If you are in fact using the Nero Recode software program as you mention in your posting thread suggest visiting the Nero Recode Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85) and see if they can provide assistance to you.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I hope you don’t have DVD43 and AnyDVD running at the same time? I would uninstall DVD43 and try again.

As bjgk points out AnyDVD does not controll the writing phase, but it may be causing some conflict with DVD43.