Clone DVD Does it use Anydvd to rip?

vbimport

Hi All,

This may seem like a stupid question but does Clone DVD use Anydvd to rip?

The reason I ask is as follows, when I put in a DVD and right click the Anydvd Fox by the clock and take the option to rip to hard disk it seems to take longer than the time it takes Clone DVD to do the same operation.

I have not actually timed them , but has anyone else noticed this?

All replies welcome,

SDM197.

[QUOTE=sdm197;2077213]Hi All,

This may seem like a stupid question but does Clone DVD use Anydvd to rip?

The reason I ask is as follows, when I put in a DVD and right click the Anydvd Fox by the clock and take the option to rip to hard disk it seems to take longer than the time it takes Clone DVD to do the same operation.

I have not actually timed them , but has anyone else noticed this?

All replies welcome,

SDM197.[/QUOTE]

Simple no.

Hi Coolcolors,

Thanks for the reply,

Do you mean no it does not use AnyDVD? Or no, nobody has noticed a difference?

Thanks Again,

SDM197.

Hi :slight_smile:
The answer to your original question is no.
AnyDVD when used with CloneDVD is generally seen as the decrypter.
CloneDVD has its own ripping/compression ability.
For general use you do not need to right click the Fox.
Let AnyDVD work in the background removing the nasties.
Use CloneDVD for all other requirements.

Hi Zebadee:)

Thanks for your reply,

I normally just let Clone DVD do its thing,

However on the odd occasion where I just want to rip the whole DVD to the HDD before further work i.e. splitting or deciding whether to have just the movie or the full disc, I use AnyDvd for this.

I had noticed that AnyDvd took longer than Clone DVD, which got me thinking as to why. I always thought that Clone DVD was using AnyDvd in the background, but couldn’t work out why CloneDvd would be quicker getting to the point of getting the movie onto the HDD.

Anyway as you have said Clone DVD has its own ripping ability, so thanks for answering the question.:clap:

All the best,

SDM197.

Hi :slight_smile:
Personally if ripping to HD, I would.
Use :-
AnyDVD to remove nasties.
CloneDVD to rip.
DVD Rebuilder (can use free version) to process (if using SL media). Note that if using the Pro version this can be used to rip as well.
Nero to burn (ImgBurn seems a good [free] alternative for those without other options).
Please note that both the above free programs (DVD Rebuilder free & ImgBurn) are that good they deserve to receive donations. :bow: :iagree: :clap: