Clone DVD bad medium error

vbimport

Please forgive my ignorance but I do need help. I have used Clone DVD & Any DVD without problems up untill now. I recently upgraded both programs to the lastest versions and now I seem to be experiencing problems. I noticed someone else in the forum had the same problem as well. I can burn my movies just fine to the hard drive, it is putting it on the DVD that is the problem. I keep getting the bad medium/media error. I tried other media discs, same problem though. I installed the new versions of Clone and Any DVD to my new Dell laptop and same problem. It got to 96% burned and then it popped up with the error and spit my disc out. Is this a bug in the program or is it me and my ignorance or all of the above? :confused:

Thanks for any help given!!

Aloha

@ KarmaMK,

There is not a “bug” in the AnyDVD and/or CloneDVD software program causing your problem.

You problem could be caused by numerous reasons but unfortunately until you provide Forum Members with pertinent information Forum Members would only be guessing as to the cause.

Possible causes -> The use of poor quality blank DVD Media, old out of date DVD Burner Firmware, invasive Anti-Virus program, Packet Writing software, conducting Multi-Tasking task while burning DVDs, old outdate versions of DVD backup copying programs. The list goes on and on.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I am having the same problem. what information do you guys need? i Have a HP DVD writer and am using three differant types of disks. Memorex, Verbatim and Maxwell. I have never had a problem before.

@ dan44,

Welcome to the Forum.

To prevent any confusion state the Name(s) and Version Number of the DVD backup copying software program(s) you are using.

Provide any Error Codes(s) and complete exact Error Narrative(s) you are receiving with the DVD backup copying software program(s) you are using when you experience your problem.

Also provide any pertinent amplifying information that might be helpful in assisting Forum Members to identify and correct you problem.

Also suggest viewing the below PC World article concerning DVD Burner Firmware.

Best Regards,
bjkg