Clone DVD and DVD encrypter problems

vbimport

Not sure if this is the proper forum to post this ? but here goes, have been using DVD decrypter and Clone DVD Sneak preview (registered) for about 1 month and all has worked great but the last 2 movies I tried to back up (Gothika and Somethings got to give) I have had a problem with the people talking over the sound track all the way thru the movie, movie burns fine and when I use Power DVD to check it out before the burn it’s fine but after I burn the disk the sound track is over ridden by these peoplen talking how the movie was made. I have tried evey possible way to rip and burn but nothing works… Any help would be appreciated…

Originally posted by mustard

I have had a problem with the people talking over the sound track all the way thru the movie…
these peoplen talking how the movie was made.
I have tried evey possible way to rip and burn but nothing works…
Well, either :

a) while watching the recorded DVD, play with your remote control
and change the current audio stream from English ( or German, French, Japanese … ) Dolby AC-3/2
( usually the so called Diretor’s Commentary )
to the main audio stream, which is English ( or German, French, Japanese … ) Dolby AC-3/6

or

b) while in Audio and Subtitle Settings, in order to avoid having & hearing the commentary
enable the audio stream as shown below :

Originally posted by BoSkin

Make sure, that the boxes with 6 channels ( English Dolby AC-3/6 ) are checked

BoSkin,
Tried that and it works fine, thank you for your help…

I don’t remember which movie I was backing up, but there were multiple audio’s, a few AC3/6’s and one AC3/2.

What should I do if I want to save space?
If I don’t care about audio for a movie (like a comedy…) I can just pick the 2 channel.
Can I leave the 2 channel off, if I don’t have a dolby (or whatever) decoder?
What are the multiple 6 channels?

6 channels is for home theater systems I think. 2 front speakers, 2 back speakers, 1 center, 1 subwoofer.
If you use two channels you’ll have stereo.

Originally posted by Pakratus

What should I do if I want to save space?

What are the multiple 6 channels?
Audio and Subtitle Settings

What is AC-3 ?

Uncheck PCM and DTS ( where available ), the 2 space demanding audio encodings.

@BoSkin, congratulations for your G0d!

By the way, the most space demanding audio encoding is PCM, but it is generally present on music DVDs only… :wink:

Best regards,

ET

Originally posted by BoSkin
Uncheck DTS ( if available ), which is the most space demanding audio encoding.

Originally posted by eltranquil

@BoSkin, congratulations for your G0d!

By the way, the most space demanding audio encoding is PCM,
but it is generally present on music DVDs only… :wink:

Thanks, ET ! :smiley:

Yes, you got me - I must agree w that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry I just saw all the audio with clonedvd2 so I hope its ok that I post. If I just use the English for Dolby 3/6 or English DTS/5.I have Sony home theater 5.1 but if I let my brother/mom borrow it can they watch it on there TV even know I burned it with Dolby 3/6 or DTS/5 ? 2nd With the Sony 5.1 theater if the disc dose not have english DTS/5.1 should I just pick the Dolby 3/6?

If you left only DTS, somebody who haven’t got ampli that’s decodes DTS sound, he will haven’t got any sound. But with Dolby 3/6 no problem to have sound without home cine theater… It’s only DTS that could make issues…