Clone drive asks for original cd

vbimport

Hi to you all,

I backed up a game wich i use often, in order not to use the original cd, and keep it from further scratches.
Everything went fine but when i want to run the game with the clone drive, the game starts allright but then asks for the original cd.
Is there a way to play games (wich can be copied by clonecd) without the cd or do i have to burn a copy?
I have 2 real drives (;D and ;E) and i clonedrive (;F).

looking forward to your input.

The game is probably protected. Which game is it? Try to find which protection it has by either using a soft scanner or searching for the corresponding game in the copy protection list forum.

Depending on the protection used there are different steps one should take to backup the game.

Originally posted by uncle fester

Is there a way to play games (wich can be copied by clonecd) without the cd or do i have to burn a copy?
I have 2 real drives (;D and ;E) and i clonedrive (;F).

CloneCD Tray > right-click > check ‘Hide CDR Media’

The ‘Hide CD-R’ function is a special feature from CloneCD and should work on most Windows systems regardless of the burner type. Some games check whether there is a blank in the writer, a so-called ATIP check. Read-only devices cannot do an ATIP check. By activating the CloneCD tray tool you are able to hide CD-R media from being detected by protected programs with a right-click onto the referring icon.

To mount the image :

Create an Image of the CD w CloneCD > Right-click on VCD >
Mount > Folder w the Image > Select the Image

CloneCD FAQ

Woow! Two answers in a verry short time!

Hermispsm.
ClonyXXL says it is a safedisk v2 protection (harry potter)
I want to play it on my childrens pc wich has two (old) cd-rom readers but no burner.
I copied it on my own pc with Clonyxxl/alcoholer/clonecd 4.2.0.2 and networked the three files to the childrens pc.
i’ve installed the same clonecd version on my childrens pc, and did a new installation of the game using the virtual clonedrive.

BoSkin.
Unfortunately i have no time to try your solution today, so i will post the results tomorrow.

Thanks.

ClonyXXL says it is a safedisk v2 protection (harry potter)

We’ve got this one too. It’s rather easy to copy using SafeDisc profile >

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions regarding the subject !

BoSkin,

I actually wanted to play the game without cd-rom, the hide cd-r function was already checked, unchecking it didn’t work either.
I guess playing without cd-rom isn’t possible so i just have to make a cd-r copy?

Does this mean that the virtual drive can’t play a protected game without cd at all? or does it depend on the protection type?

the hide cd-r function was already checked, unchecking it didn’t work either.
I guess playing without cd-rom isn’t possible so i just have to make a cd-r copy?

Does this mean that the virtual drive can’t play a protected game without cd at all?
1.This means that your original HP game was wrongly copied,
if the copy cannot be playable w the Hide ATIP checked.
That’s why there are those profiles you were referred to.

VCD plays Images. The Daemon Tools forum has a lot of info on that.