Clone CD

vbimport

Please answer a stupid question for me. I think I know the answer but here goes. Do you have to buy the full version of Clone CD to copy copywrited CD+Gs. Trial version does not work for me. Thanks

there are no difference in functionlety on that issue.

Originally posted by xorzisten
there are no difference in functionlety on that issue.

Correct! The trial version is only limited in the number of days you can use it. It’s a full suite! :smiley:

hey i um i might be in the wrong place for copying cds…but i want 2 clone a gta 3 cd for pc and mount the image using daemon tools etc. so that my gta 3 cd doesnt get scratched or tarnished becoz i want to save it. I do actually own this game, which i consider the greatest game on pc past or present. sum1 please help me and tell me why clone cd, when writing the image, slows down then stops at 36%???

thanks to any1 who will care to help da newest newbie

Originally posted by jay_91
[B]hey i um i might be in the wrong place for copying cds…but i want 2 clone a gta 3 cd for pc and mount the image using daemon tools etc. so that my gta 3 cd doesnt get scratched or tarnished becoz i want to save it. I do actually own this game, which i consider the greatest game on pc past or present. sum1 please help me and tell me why clone cd, when writing the image, slows down then stops at 36%???

thanks to any1 who will care to help da newest newbie [/B]

I think there are some threads on this in the CloneCD forum.
Believe GTA3 is a pain to back up…only few writers can do so I believe

When I use cloneCD and I try to create an image of microsofts’ age of empires conquerors expansion disc it runs SUPER slow…we’re talking like .5k a sec…at that rate it’d take a full day to copy…if not more. I’m using a TDK veloCD 16x10x40 burner on an athlong xp 1800+ system in windows xp…512MB of pc333 ram…i don’t know why I’m having issues. any clues?

I’m using a TDK veloCD 16x10x40 burner

yea i have a clue i had the same burner the tdk velocd16/10/40 IT SUCKS they make good images but they cant write “jack shit” buy a lite-on they can write all protections except 2 or 3 (tages, starfoce) they rock.:bow:

as for it reading slow that should be just the first 10000 sectors of the disc if it is sdv2 set fast error skip to on when it passes these sectors the reading will speed up

AOE II conquerers expansion is safedisc 1 and, yes, it will take some time to read the first 10,000 sectors or so. However, once it’s finished reading those sectors, the remainder of the cd will only take a few minutes to read, even on a slow reader.
(Btw, if the time it’s taking to read the first 10,000 sectors is really giving you the irrits, you can use daemon tools fast dump feature which will speed things up dramatically.)

so I just gotta copy cd reader to image file, choose game CD, and be patient? it’s that simple?..or is there something else? I’m using the newest cloneCD.

yes just wait it will speed up if you open the log while reading you will see error after error this is normal once it passes the errors it will speed up reading.

good luck

you wont be able to write the image with the tdk they cant handle safedisc 2;)

Originally posted by slayerking
you wont be able to write the image with the tdk they cant handle safedisc 2;)

It’s safedisc 1 not 2 (see my post above:rolleyes: ) and the tdk should be able to write the image.:slight_smile:

i enabled fast error skip and the log said that it was enabled automatically when i started…the next entry was that fast error skip has been disabled automatically…that was about 40 minutes after i started it. is my rip no good now?

try using daemon tools ‘fastdump’ feature. works wonders.

It’s safedisc 1 not 2 (see my post above ) and the tdk should be able to write the image.

i have the tdk 16/10/40 it can write hardly anything. they’re only good for audio extraction, for copying games they suck totally.
:Z

also what firmware are you using?

Originally posted by BlakkPaul
i enabled fast error skip and the log said that it was enabled automatically when i started…the next entry was that fast error skip has been disabled automatically…that was about 40 minutes after i started it. is my rip no good now?

Your rip will be fine if you let it finish. Fast error skip kicks in when it encounters the part of the cd with bad sectors (generally just after sector 800). Once reading of the area with bad sectors is finished (generally about sector 10,000), it switches off and the remainder of the rip proceeds normally.

Btw, since the cd you want to copy is safedisc 1 protected, you can burn the image successfully if your writer supports any raw mode.

the tdkvelocd 16/10/40 which I HAVE does not support raw writing with firmwares lower than 5.32 if this is your version fw you can but if it is 5.31 or lower then you cant.:slight_smile: unless it is the plextor model

sorry i dont mean to sound like a smart arse;)

it all went well. I copied both conquerors expansion and age of kings. Thanks a lot guys for all the help! Now if I can just figure a way to make my NWN work online…hehe…I’ll prolly have to go buy it…i doubt cloneCD can fix that :wink: