Clone CD works but cannot burn with any other Windows Program

Hi

I am able to copy a CD with CloneCD but when, for example, I try to burn with Windows Media or I try to copy files to the CD Burner with Windows Explorer it just does not work. There are no system messages in the Event Logs, it just does not work.

I have:
AnyDVD 6.0.1.1
CloneCD 5.2.9.1
CloneDVD2 2.8.9.9
Windows Media 10.00.00.4036
Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2

Computer is:
TARGA PC+
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3000+
800MHz, 512MB RAM

I have completely deinstalled all the Pinnacle Instant Copy and InstantCD/DVD software that I thought may be causing a conflict. No Change.

The DVD/CD Writer is a no-name IDE-DVD DVDRW8631. The installed driver is:
Microsoft Date 01.07.2001 version 5.1.2535.0

cdrom.sys, imapi.sys, redbook.sys, storprop.dll 5.1.2600.2180

I am burning to Memorex CD-R. Sorry but I don’t know what the burn-speed is.^

When I click the Status for the red fox it says “In Laufwerk E: befindet sich kein Medium!” which means that no medium is found in Drive E: although I have just been able to burn with CloneCD and a good medium is definitely sitting OK in the drive.

I know this is probably not a problem with SlySoft software but it is weird that I can burn with SlySoft but not anything else.

If anyone can help I would be really grateful. I have looked all over the net for tools or forums that can help but I cannot find anywhere specific enough.

Thanks

It sounds like a Windows problem. What happens when you disable AnyDVD? Are you able to burn then? If not, it is a problem with the Roxio plug-in that comes with Windows or the Nero plug-in if that is what you are using.

@ Stukalee,

I believe the above quoted statement is an unfounded questionable statement considering Memorex DVD Media is known to be absolute garbage and informed knowledgeable prudent users totally avoid. I am unaware if Memorex CD Media is of good error free quality but in seeing the track record of their Memorex DVD Media I would highly suspect the quality of their Memorex CD Media and would consider it very questionable.

Suggest obtaining proven known high quality Media and see if your problem still exist. Suggest viewing the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33) for information on identifying known proven high quality error free Media.

To avoid any confusion the correct way to identify and describe Media is to use the MID (Media Code and Manufacture ID) (Example:TYG02) of the particular Media. The MID (Media Code and Manufacture ID) (Example:TYG02) of Media can be obtained by using a software utility program similar to DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com) or DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Best Regards,
bjkg

I did exit the program by closing down the red fox on the system tray and I still couldn’t burn but I shall try again from a reboot without AnyDVD and see what happens then.

I shall also take some other Media home. By the way I did not mean Memorex was any good. I just meant that it was clean, in that I tried several just to make sure that I was not reusing one that may have already been used.

Thanks for your quick replies. I shall not be able to try until Thursday because I shall not be home until then.