Clone Cd V4 HELP

when it droped down to 0 kbs i abouted b/c at 1-7 kbs it take FOREVER i meen FOREVER to copy a 500+ mb cd

i just let it run 30 minz and it has not moved from 0%

Safedisc has erors on the disc this is the protection …you have a Mitsumi writer …correct…I thought these took advantage of Fast error skip…make sure this set on and checked in the read…and use your writer to read AOK…Your dvd reader may not support FES skip and would explain the long read…

Also very important do not be mislead by the read times…with a good reader …the read through the errors will report times of hours…

For example my Liteon 163 dvd…will report in software that it will take hours to read the disc…but once it get based the errors …the first 10000 sectors in about 1min 30 sec it will fininsh the read very quicky…

Safedisc takes my reader about 4 min 30 sec

nealh
do u have icq or msn ???

My CdRW DONT HAVE FES i called them :frowning: do u have to have it ?

Fast error skip is a function of clonecd that Olli implemented that allows to read the errors very fast…I thought the Mitsumi drive was supported which one is it…

check under the read profie there is a tab for fast error skip make sure it is turned on…

I prefer a custom setting for Safedisc…
right click on gamecd profile …go to edit and uncheck everything in first tab…uncheck sub audio in audio tab and then fast error skip…make sure it is on…

also when you start clonecd …check the cdrw settings…right click on the icon for your writer and make sure this has fast error skip on…

I do not have icq or refuse to use msn…icq screwed my system before so I stay away from it…sorry

Its the mitsumi CR-4804TE nothing about the dvd but ide 16x dvd anyway i dont see a fast error skip in clonecd but there is one in clonyXXL can i do it there ??? and then moveit over on clone cd ?:confused:

Ok…place the gamecd into the cdrw…go to copy cd in the File menu…
Make sure the cdrw is highlighted…hit next…

You will see the the cdrw list at the top if you highlight it and right click you will get the cdrw drive settings…make sure it does not say none under fast error skip…then go to gamecd profile…check under the error handling tab( I misspoke on its label) and make sure …it says auto or on…

this where you can make a custom profile…or you can download a custom profile from this forum for Safedisc

check this link for custom profiles…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46470

these should work real well for you

will it take me 24+ hours to make a copy without FES ? they said my cdrw dont have it so im thinking about getting a liteon one

fast error skip is not something a cdr manufacturing puts in so t ospeak…it is a feature of clonecd…different drives(dvd,cdrom,cdr,cdrw) will support it differently and some will be faster…again do not be mislead by the time you reported by clonecd…as long as it is turned on and the drive is supported bt clonecd for it…you will be fine…my plex 121032a was the fastest reader of errors …it took just a few sec to get throught the errors…my tosh 6702b take 1-2 min , bt liteon dvd takes 1min 30 sec…but clone will report a read time of hrs till it gets past the errors and then it will fly through the read…

now I do not and never had a mistumi cdrw so I do not know the specific on its read speeds but would expect to do well…

try the above with a cdrw and see what happens …remember a cdrw will write slower but can be erased if you get a coaster…

or you can just read the image to hdd…to see how long it will take

btw you are not trying to do this on the fly are you…I would not recommend this until you know your hardware capabilites better…more risk of problems…

BTW as for your dvd …does clone tell you the name of the drive

no it dont it just says IDE 16x dvd
Whats The Best Dvd And Cdrw To Do This with i meen im going to try to above but im still thinking about getting a new cdrw and dvd b/c all i have is a 8 x cdrw :frowning: about 2-3 years old so that my be why its for damn SLOW i need a dvd and cdrw that can almost get pass any cd protect besides starforce and trage or what ever its called

That DID IT HAHA thx dude i got ask some thing lol if u have your game cd in the cdrw what does it write on ???

the safe disk done great now im one safedisk V2 how Can u tell if your cd writer needs AWS OR NO AWS i did safe disk on NO AWS

if you set to copy clonecd will do the read from the cdrw …then eject the media and ask for a cdrw…

The best combo for game cd backup appears to be the Liteon 163 dvd (does not read certain audio protections…like cactus data shield from reports)

best writers are liteon 24102b and up…32x, 40x, 48x… IMHO…there are reports of some other CDRW’s like Asus and LG do SD2.51.021 without a hitch as well…I have had a Liteon 24102b for 6mo …love…it was cheap too

Officemax has a cendyne 32x cdrw after rebate and coupon for like $35 …that many are getting a 32x cdrw…some have even gotten the 5W version which can be upgraded to a 48x writer by firmware flash…though there is a risk that you could get an AOpen or Mitsumi drive…some have gotten a verbatim drive which is a rebadged Liteon…

I am thinking about giving it a whirl and if I get the wrong drive return it

AWS is need for so called weak sectors found on the SD2 version 2.40 and up…however certain recorders that could do early versions with weak sectors could not do SD2.51.021…I do not know the tech reasons…only cdrw such as the liteons that do true efm encoding work like a charm and do not need AWS…in fact with these drives AWS being can make a poor backup

there is a list on the forum of the true efm encoding cdrws…

thx

not problem …that what the forum is for

Originally posted by Elite_Toxic
when it droped down to 0 kbs i abouted b/c at 1-7 kbs it take FOREVER i meen FOREVER to copy a 500+ mb cd
with some readers it can take up for 6-8 hours to read the cd (had such reader!) or even longer advice buy a good reader!