Clone CD Updated 5.3.1.0

CloneCD 5.3.1.0 2007-10-28

• New: Workaround for problem with U3 USB memory sticks
  • Change: Workaround for registration problem on Windows Vista
  • Fix: Autostart problems of CloneCDTray on Windows Vista
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

The update is free for all registered customers, of course.
Just install the new version on top of your current version,
regardless which version you have installed:
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneCD.exe

Yeah, I was wondering when we would finally see a new clonecd version…go Slysoft…lol…

This is an important update for those with Vista.:iagree:

no offense or anything. but is there really a need for programs like CloneCD anymore since the 1:1 copy days are pretty much gone? , maybe emulation for certain games? … cause IMGBurn pretty much takes care of everything nowadays and it’s free and works dang well and it’s a favorite of people on this forum.

This is an update of an excellent program. CloneCD does things that Imgburn does not. Imgburn cannot make an " OntheFly " backup or other things that CloneCD does. While Imgburn is an excellent proggy you cannot compare the two in any way.:disagree:

@ alan1476 … dont get me wrong, i used to use clonecd and it was great back in the days of safedisc v2 etc. but nowdays it’s usefulness aint as good as it used to be overall in my opinion.

but thats cool it can do the on the fly copies (thats copying from one drive (the reader) to another drive (the burner) all in real time, right?)

generally speaking, is it mainly the emulation of games where it’s better than imgburn? (as far as major features) or what cause it’s been a while since i used clonecd on a regular basis.

for me the bottom line is… CloneCD is a nice solid reliable program. it’s just it aint as usefull as it used to be overall in my opinion cause for burning IMG files i think ImgBurn is better mainly cause it’s free.

I have had licenses for CloneDVD2, CloneCD, and AnyDVD since before i joined CDF’s here :doh: so it’s very nice to see an update even for CloneCD :bow: :clap: and Virtual CloneDrive :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=NBR;1918728]@ alan1476 … dont get me wrong, i used to use clonecd and it was great back in the days of safedisc v2 etc. but nowdays it’s usefulness aint as good as it used to be overall in my opinion.

but thats cool it can do the on the fly copies (thats copying from one drive (the reader) to another drive (the burner) all in real time, right?)

generally speaking, is it mainly the emulation of games where it’s better than imgburn? (as far as major features) or what cause it’s been a while since i used clonecd on a regular basis.

for me the bottom line is… CloneCD is a nice solid reliable program. it’s just it aint as usefull as it used to be overall in my opinion cause for burning IMG files i think ImgBurn is better mainly cause it’s free.[/quote]
Like I said Imgburn is a great program for what it does, it does not do what CloneCD does. Just because Imgburn is free and suits your needs does not make CloneCD less useful to the people who have bought and love it. They are two different program that have some uses in common, you cannot compare the the two at all [B]in my opinion:doh:[/B]

Hi :slight_smile:
What I find interesting with this update.
It fixes problems I never had. :doh: :bigsmile:
i.e. With Vista 32 or 64 bit. :cool:

@ alan1476 …

i just did a quick check on clonecd’s site.

it appears it’s only real benefits over imgburn are pretty much “copy protection” related stuff (and emulation stuff?). so yeah in some cases it’s obviously better than imgburn “for some people” :wink: but for general “burning” i think imgburn does what just about everyone would need (emulation aside).

although technically i think your right about the “cant compare the two programs” thing since clonecd is for copying copy protected stuff and cloneing discs and imgburn is generally made for image burning. :wink: … so we in agreement there.

just thought i would post this sorta info for people who are new here and aint to familiar with burning programs etc.

there that should just about take care of it :wink:

p.s. like i say, i dont mean any offense to you or anyone else as im sure this post is great info for people who use clonecd and use vista like you said.

on a side note… it says it can copy safe disc v3 protected games etc… does that mean 1:1 (with the right burner) or just emulation? (cause i aint kept up with copy protection copying programs lately)

thanks for your time and everyone elses :wink:

As long as the H/W is capable.
Then 1:1 copying of safe disc v3 protected games etc…:bigsmile:

thanks for the reply zebadee … so the safe disc v3 can be copied 1:1 (with certain drives) like the older safe disc v2 could be copied with a burner like lite-on 24102b (the drive i got) ?

also, i assume Securom still cant be copied 1:1 ? (cause it seems most games nowdays use this the last i checked) , or was it some plextors that could do it.

just trying to keep sorta updated on stuff like this :wink:

Not too much into that aspect myself.
However I know that the Plextor SCSI CDRWs could do pretty anything & everything around.
That went for the early SCSI DVDRWs too.

ok i got you… i was just curious no big deal really :wink:

but i think ill stop talking to much now since where sorta getting off topic ( i dont wanna spam this thread if i can help it)… even though im a way we still on topic since clonecd does copy protection stuff lol

on a side note… in my opinion, i think slysoft’s best software is easily ANYDVD (pretty much a must if your coping dvd movies) followed by clonedvd (solid interface and just works well) a close second :wink:

Posted by NBR
but for general “burning” i think imgburn does what just about everyone would need (emulation aside).

Emulation aside, Copying on the Fly aside and many other things you failed to mention. If all you want is general burning yes Imgburn is free and makes a great free alternative but again they are two different programs that do what many other programs do, it is the user that makes the choice of what his needs are. If your needs are only general burning then Imgburn is for you. Like I said before Imgburn is a great program but these are two completely different programs with uses that benefit some and dont benefit others. They are both great programs . :iagree:

@ alan1476 … is that copying on the fly reliable… cause the last i knew copying original game disc to a recordable disc on the fly was a bad idea… i assume it’s reliable now?

what else did i fail to mention? (i aint trying to be a smart @$$, im just honestly asking you what i missed) … cause like i said from a “quick look” on slysofts website it primarily seems emulation and on the fly copying is what it’s good at and it appears from what zabadee said it can copy “certain” game protections 1:1 which is a big plus in my opinion. (emulation i dont like as i would rather run a crack file over a emulation software in general since it’s less of a hastle as you dont need software running in the background, although if you plan on applying game updates, cracks can be a problem) i also like clone cd’s interface as it’s nice and clean and gets straight to the point.

thats pretty much why as far as game copying software is concerned with me… unless it can do 1:1 (no emulation needed basically) i would rather avoid it in general in my opinion… although i can see why it would be usefull to some people as with the emulation enabled (in most cases) you could still apply game updates (unlike crack files) and still play the game from a backup copy.

p.s. i think you made some solid points in that last post :wink:

p.s. i know crack files cant be talked about to much on these forums as it’s a touchy subject, but the way i see it, is if you own the original game and only use a crack for your own personal use. i see no wrong with it reguardless of what the law says. … just my opinion again, but im sure ALOT of people would feel the same way.

You are correct crack files will not be discussed on this site. The bottom line is that they are two completely different programs, that have[B] some [/B]uses in common. Uses people are willing to pay for in CloneCDs case. I would go on with this but I beleive this thread is for the discussion of CloneCD and its update. Thanks for the replies, the bottom line is that most of the users of this forum are very familiar with both programs and I for one think that CloneCD has its special uses and so does Imgburn , they both work well and are a great addition to anyones toolbox.:clap:

@ alan1476 … you said… “I would go on with this but I beleive this thread is for the discussion of CloneCD and its update” … fair enough :wink:

thanks for your time.

p.s. i think everyone got the point by now anyways. lol

[QUOTE=NBR;1918708]no offense or anything. but is there really a need for programs like CloneCD anymore since the 1:1 copy days are pretty much gone? , maybe emulation for certain games? … cause IMGBurn pretty much takes care of everything nowadays and it’s free and works dang well and it’s a favorite of people on this forum.[/QUOTE]

Iwill disagree with you on 1:1 copy days are over. I have a program called x-Copy Pro from a company based abroad for helping them out and it can defeat almost every protection out. I tested it on the lastest securerom on a game I purchased and it made a perfect backup to use instead.

Sadly I purchased a license for BlindWrite and it has not been updated in 2 years. Tech support refuse to comment<Think they had a warning to stop further production to defeat new protection routines being used.