Clone CD settings....?

People talk about CloneCD settings in the “profile” … How do you set the settings in it? It a “CCP” file…what ever that is. Everything there is ones and zeros !! What do I set to what?

I’m trying to make a backup of Splinter Cell to use and put up the original cd. CD 1 and CD 2 copied OK but 3 uses SafeCD 2.9 ver.

I have made SO MANY coaster over the last copule days it’s NOT even funny anymore.

This is agraviating to no end.:frowning:

System:
AMD1600
512mb Samsung mem
LiteOn CDRW 52/24/52
Mitsumi CDRW 32/10/23
I have Alcohol120, CloneCD 4, using Nero Ultra and CDRWin on another system. I also have access to Adaptec Plat 5 from a friend.

HELP…:eek:

Originally posted by Tweakerxp123

People talk about CloneCD settings in the “profile” …
Do you mean those ? > CloneCD 4 Profiles

CloneCD is not reliable for copying safedisc 2.8+ protected cds.

Use alcohol (which I see that you have) with your Lite-on cdrw to both read and write using safedisc 1 datatype settings.

Only try to run the back-up copy from the drive you used to install the game and, if you play the copy from a writer, make sure that alcohol’s Ignore media type is enabled before doing so.

Finally, whilst my recollection is that Splinter Cell is sd 2.8 protected, if your original has sd 2.9 (i.e. mastered later than mine), make sure that CloneCD’s virtual drive is not installed on your system and that hide cdr media is not active.

If ccd’s virtual drive is installed, uninstall ccd and, if you want ccd on your system, do a custom re-install of ccd without the virtual drive.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by philamber

If ccd’s virtual drive is installed, uninstall ccd and, if you want ccd on your system, do a custom re-install of ccd without the virtual drive.

Another option without re-installing CCD is to disable CCD Virtual Drive in Device Manager as follows :