Clone CD settings?

vbimport

I'm looking for where it says Amplify Weak Sectors and Hide CD-R Media, but I don't see those options anywhere. I have Clone CD 4.0.1.9 and that region patch installed.

right click on your drive…and right click on the prfiles to edit the options

hide media can be found by right clicking on the sheep in the right under corner of your screen

I don’t see either. I don’t even see those places you are telling me to right click.

open clone cd, put a CD that has data on it, in one of your drives.

select read.

now 4 profiles will come up…audio, data, game and multimedia.

right click the one u are using and click on edit.
you WILL find amplify weak sectors.

now…hideCDR media is enabled/disabled on the little CD icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, where your clock is.

right click on the cd and the option will appear.

Sorry Huzzy but you won’t see the AWS setting when reading the image. Only when writing it :wink: The Hide CDR Media option will only be visible when you’ve started the CloneCD tray. Is there a sheep icon next to your clock on your task bar? If not start “CloneCDTray.exe” located in “C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD”. If you have Windows XP the icon will look like a sheep. If you have a different Windows version it will look like a disc. Right click on it and select ‘Hide CDR Media’. The icon will change colour. Remember that this option is only needed when playing a game with ATIP protection (SafeDisc > 2.4 and SecuRom new) from a CD-writer.

Sorry Huzzy but you won’t see the AWS setting when reading the image.

hehe, dont ask me why i wrote that, i couldnt remember off the top of my head the exact procedure on getting there myself so i had to open a CCD image i had on my hdd. i didnt even have a cd in reach…

:confused:

Ok, I see them :slight_smile:

I heard something about having to disable the Win XP CD-R engine. Do I need to and how do I do that? Also, I already downloaded some Win XP CD-R engine patch from MS. Is that bad? Will uninstalling that patch fix it?

Originally posted by Neo_Reloaded
I heard something about having to disable the Win XP CD-R engine. Do I need to and how do I do that? Also, I already downloaded some Win XP CD-R engine patch from MS. Is that bad?
Yes it’s a good idea to disable this engine when you don’t need it. Read here how to do that.

Will uninstalling that patch fix it?
Fix what?

Originally posted by Neo_Reloaded
Is that bad? Will uninstalling that patch fix it?
Yes and no, but uninstall the patch then turn off IMAPI and also disable burning off the burners (good for the Roxio add-on, doesn’t affect third party apps like CloneCD)