Clone CD problem with writing

vbimport

Good morning,

Tried to copy an audio cd yesterday with Clone CD latest version. First I used Clony XXL for the ideal settings. There was no copy protection on the CD so it should not be complicated to burn this CD. So I made an Image with Clone CD on my local disk (C:Windows/Temp/Images). This went fine because I got the message that everything is Ok. Than tried to copy the Image on a CD-R. After 4% of copying I got the following message: Writing to CD failed: Unit not ready: Logical Unit not ready, Long write in Progress (2:0 x 0,4: 0 x 0,8)

Can someone tell me what went wrong, and what I should do to to avoid this?

Thanks!
Ronald

Maybe it has somthing to do with your recording speed in combination with the media you use.

Recording speed that I used was only 2 x, because I have bad experiences with high recording speed, with other CD copier software.

Originally posted by visserronald
[B]Good morning,

Tried to copy an audio cd yesterday with Clone CD latest version. First I used Clony XXL for the ideal settings. There was no copy protection on the CD so it should not be complicated to burn this CD. So I made an Image with Clone CD on my local disk (C:Windows/Temp/Images). This went fine because I got the message that everything is Ok. Than tried to copy the Image on a CD-R. After 4% of copying I got the following message: Writing to CD failed: Unit not ready: Logical Unit not ready, Long write in Progress (2:0 x 0,4: 0 x 0,8)

Can someone tell me what went wrong, and what I should do to to avoid this?

Thanks!
Ronald [/B]

What burner do you use? And what´s your OS ?

Have you any success before?

My burner is a LG8042B, and OS is Windows 98SE. It was for the first time that I tried to copy with Clone Cd. With ECDC I can copy all Audio Cd’s without protection.

i noticed some other people with this prob hence
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69449

I Have the same freakin problem my burner is LG CED 8080B goes to like 4% and this freakin message

Clone cd 4.2.0.2 image to cd:

Buffer underrun protection No:
Write to CD failed, UNIT NOT READY; LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, Long write in progress (2:0x04:0x08) [it writes to about 3%]

[Flushing buffers…
Average Speed 88 kByte/s (0.50)
Writing to LG CD-RW CED 8080B failed!]

What should I do???

Originally posted by flakeup
[B]
Writing to LG CD-RW CED 8080B failed!]

What should I do??? [/B]
Like a few other writers, this is one of the worst available for ripping and burning. All the LG units I’ve tested run in PIO Mode only which is unkind, to sa the least, to streaming data.

@visserronald, step through the FAQ, link is in my sig. There are links to other step-thru’s as well. It will be a DMA issue in all likelihood.

what new burner shall I buy… not LG? (im looking for around $100 range, and not a dvd burner)

Originally posted by flakeup
what new burner shall I buy… not LG?
Go ASUS CRW-5224A

and what is this LOGIC UNIT not ready thing (what is PIO mode, how do you know they run on this mode)… … + anyhow… how
do i get my burner running with clonecd 4 (LG 8080b) hey, it came with this computer, thanks

my burner just made it to ver 4 it seems with 1 cd on each link

(http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_cd/writers/h.html#hitachi)

I definitly need a new one, im not sure thats the reason i was having trouble with the new version, it said to click “emulate weak sectors”

But ill look into that ASUS, where can I get one around the possible $100 range or less? thanks

North America newegg

Australia razorprices

Wow only 42.99? why so cheap…

(guessing cause its a year old)

Geez Stu, there are 7 optical drives there you cdfreak!! :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

flakeup most cdr drives are around that price (with the exeption of Plextor Premium maybe), dvd recprders are out you know :wink:

six real ones :bigsmile:

Originally posted by FutureProof
six real ones :bigsmile:
I thought the “CD-Rom Drive” was a real drive not properly recognised due to f/w bug (dont have any virtual drives named like a plain cdrom drive). Still, 6 of them are plenty dont you think? :wink:

Argh, i really need a DVD-Recorder :frowning: (that would bring my optical devices up to 4)

Havent got that Asus 5224A yet, didnt see it was on the safedisk list http://clone.cd/portals/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=18&page_id=17 (Will it matter if it supports safedisk (not sure what it means) Just noticed the models there are outdated

1. Anyhow should I still get that Asus 5224A (or a newer better ASUS model?, please suggest $65 or less range or course)

Thanks for any help

Originally posted by FutureProof
Go ASUS CRW-5224A