Clone cd Hangs

I am currently using Clone CD v4.1.0.1 with LG CRD-8522B cdrom as the reader and LITEON LTR 32123S.(WIN98) On opening up Clone CD from the short cut on the desk top, everything appears to work fine and the Log is displayed and displays the last entry “searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices” and after about 10 secs the mouse pointer freezes and the whole computer hangs. Cont/Alt/Del fails to respond. Removing and re-installing did`nt help. I have no other CD Copying software on the computer since removing Nero. Please help as I am about to remove Clone CD. Many Thanks in advance.

CloneCD tries to get access to your drives , which fails.

This can be because of other drivers and/or programs trying to get the sole rights to access your drives.

Try starting clonecd with both cd trays OPEN and see if it will recognize the drives then. If that fails , try the same trick in Windows SAFE mode.

CloneCD does not need ASPI layer software/drivers , but perhaps they are interfering ?

Many Thanks for prompt response. Starting up Clone CD with both trays open made no change. Started up in Safe Mode with the following response: No CD-writer found! No CD-ROM found! and Device Scan found 0 CD-ROMS and 0 CD-Writers! Tried it again with trays in and had the same result.

Does this help?

Originally posted by roytigs
I am currently using Clone CD v4.1.0.1 with LG CRD-8522B cdrom as the reader and LITEON LTR 32123S.(WIN98) On opening up Clone CD from the short cut on the desk top, everything appears to work fine and the Log is displayed and displays the last entry “searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices” and after about 10 secs the mouse pointer freezes and the whole computer hangs. Cont/Alt/Del fails to respond. Removing and re-installing did`nt help. I have no other CD Copying software on the computer since removing Nero. Please help as I am about to remove Clone CD. Many Thanks in advance.

Hello roytigs,

please download CloneCD version 4.2.0.2 at http://elby.ch.

Regards, Sven