Clone Cd 4 and VOB Protect CD Problems

vbimport

I was trying to back up the game diggles, and heres what i found out..

Copy Protection: VOB Protect CD

Hardware: Liteon 32123-S, Toshiba DVD SDM 1202

Atempted to make Image on drive using Clone Cd version 4 and the protect cd profile.

Wrote clone image to CD, Game installed fine then locked up on attempt to play. This was using both the toshiba dvd drive and the liteon drive to read the image.

Knowing that this makes no sense, I went and downloaded blindread and write suite, And sucessfully backed the game up with no problem.

Now I'm wondering if there is a serious problem with version 4 clone cd and its support for liteon and toshiba drives.

So I uninstalled version 4 and installed version 3.07 clone cd.
this version sucessfully backed up the game.....

Seems to be a serious flaw with clone cd version 4 and liteon drives and toshiba dvd drives.

Originally posted by Ghostmaker
[B]I was trying to back up the game diggles, and heres what i found out…

Copy Protection: VOB Protect CD

Hardware: Liteon 32123-S, Toshiba DVD SDM 1202

[…]

Now I’m wondering if there is a serious problem with version 4 clone cd and its support for liteon and toshiba drives.

So I uninstalled version 4 and installed version 3.07 clone cd.
this version sucessfully backed up the game…

Seems to be a serious flaw with clone cd version 4 and liteon drives and toshiba dvd drives. [/B]

Maybe this is also reason, why Port Royale was not copyable by
my 32123-S, Toshiba DVD SDM 1502 Combo ? But I tried also with CCD 3.3.4.1 (but not older like you) …

So @Oli: Maybe some ‘problems’ in CCD?

NixDa

I can check this. Gimme a moment.

>Hardware: Liteon 32123-S, Toshiba DVD SDM 1202

The Litey can only read in hardware. The Toshi’s can do both but the read should be hardware…can you check this?

I think its strange that blindread copies it fine, I think its related to clone cd’s Sideband problem they seem to be having with liteons.

What would you like me to try or test?

I also snagged Ollies test for sideband clone cd he was working on, it still failed…

OK. My Toshi refuses to run in DMA at the moment - read took over 2 hours but a 24102b burn works as does a read (8’) and write by the Litey. 32123S is next then the ASUS 16x, 40x & 48x and Acer 1610A

Still cannot burn Diggles, With VOB protection, YEt blindwrite does it in record time… Has Clone Cd been Neuterd?

What’s the sideband issue you are talking about, btw?

I’m testing FIFA 2002 in v3 tonight; I’ll get back to you again about Diggles. You’re in Oz, right?

LEt me know if you have the same problems…

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]What’s the sideband issue you are talking about, btw?

I’ll get back to you again about Diggles. You’re in Oz, right? [/B]
Are you in Oz? I can’t find this Diggles disc

Its a german game, you should be able to find it :}