Clone CD 3 & 4 COPY BUG

vbimport

Clone CD has BIG problems in copying my CD.

I have recently made a self-made cd, which contains a bootable 2,8 MB image and has 814 MB of DATA on it. The old version (3.x.x.x and 4.0.0.0 beta 30) and the brand NEW version (4.0.0.1) CAN'T COPY IT!!
I have informed Olli some time ago, but he doesn't seem to be interested.

So if you would ever want to PROTECT your own cd from CloneCD; make it bootable with a 2,8 MB image and overburn it!! Guarantee CloneCD can't copy it!

Or better: Ollie, please find the bug and fix it!

P.S. Nero 5.5.8.0 AND CDrwin 3.8G has no problems copying this cd

Layout of the CD:
Overburn:
COPY FAILED! :

what read and write speeds are u using when writing this cd-r?
(i would read it at about 4x) write at what ever cd-r media is rated at.

also i would probably recommend using newest firmware when copying these disks

here is site for your plextor firmware
http://www.plextor.be/english/technical/downld_firmw_2410TA.html

u currently have 1.03, they have 1.04 for your cd-rw drive :slight_smile:

NOTE: OC-Freak said this might be the problem:
Normally this means buffer underrun if I’m correct. Have you tried to write at lower speed?

Did you try to copy on the fly?

You may try different media, but I doubt that is the problem.

I tried 3 different type of media:

• Philips 80 Minutes 1x-16x (tried 2 times)
  • Sony 80 Minutes 1x-24x (tried 2 times)
  • Minsui 80 Minutes 1x-12x (tried 1 time)

I tried at recommended 12, 16 and 24 speeds

The Last try i did, was with Clonecd 4.0.0.1 and with FIRMWARE 1.04 on my plector 24x, the picture of isobuster is an older picture of the cd-layout.

Why is it a buffer underrun? I don’t understand, since Nero and CDRWIN can copy them without a buffer-underrun

I did not try “on the fly”, I always burn from an image-file. Also the image is ok when i load it with “daemon-tools”

I am not very convinced this is NOT a bug in CCD.

I don’t think is has anything to do with a Buffer Underrun. A CDB error indicates that you, or CloneCD, is trying to do something with the writer which is does not support. This can be overburning (at which point do you get the CDB error?) but the Plex 24x should support this (up to 94 minutes I believe). Please upgrade to the latest CloneCD version 4.0.0.1 (www.elby.ch) and tell us which settings or Profile you’re using. I have no experience with bootable discs so I can’t be sure if that’s causing the problem…

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
I don’t think is has anything to do with a Buffer Underrun. A CDB error indicates that you, or CloneCD, is trying to do something with the writer which is does not support. This can be overburning (at which point do you get the CDB error?) but the Plex 24x should support this (up to 94 minutes I believe). Please upgrade to the latest CloneCD version 4.0.0.1 (www.elby.ch) and tell us which settings or Profile you’re using. I have no experience with bootable discs so I can’t be sure if that’s causing the problem…

I have used the last version of CCD for my last attempt. And I use all settings OFF during read and write, exept burn-proof (subschannel, error recovery, error retries, amplify weak sectors, cd text). I burn the cd at raw-dao

Originally posted by BIG IVO
[B]

I have used the last version of CCD for my last attempt. And I use all settings OFF during read and write, exept burn-proof (subschannel, error recovery, error retries, amplify weak sectors, cd text). I burn the cd at raw-dao [/B]

Don’t think it is a CloneCD problem. Looks like your Plextor has an overburn problem in RAW-DAO. How about trying RAW-SAO or SAO?

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

Don’t think it is a CloneCD problem. Looks like your Plextor has an overburn problem in RAW-DAO. How about trying RAW-SAO or SAO? [/B]

I now tried RAW-SAO and SAO, but that didn’t work. When RAW-SAO I got a MEDIA-ERROR and SAO clonecd locks up my computer totally. This cd must be overburned, so (raw) SAO don’t work. It is also not the plextor, that is causing provlems. It fails also to copy on a Sony CD-burner and a Plextor 40x using CLONECD.