Clone CD 3.1.0.0 Has Problems?, Fixed In 3.1.1.0?

I noticed this while backing up Half Life Adrenaline Pack.
It has 3 CD’s On the last CD it has Opposing Force which apparently Clony states it is protected by safedisk 1.

The Disk has got rings in it when looking at the back.

Around 80% the reader would stop reading in Clone CD 3.1.0.0 but the hard drive would keep chugging, eventually it would start to read again. When i installed 3.1.1.0 it didn’t do this and the reads were far quicker…

Also I’m not sure if it is a problem with 3.1.0.0 but I backed up eRacer (SD2) and it would work in the burner but not in the LG CDROM reader that I have… (usually all sd2 games work in cdrom) So I backed up the game with Read data & audio sub data… NOW… the game wont work in the CD Writer but only in the LG CDROM… !!! Strange… (i.e The Game Crashes The Computer)

I’m using a Liteon 24102B EIDE Writer & Win2k Pro

The two circles sound like LockBlocks but the rest smells like SecuROM NEW. Look for these:

Files: sintf16.dll sintf32.dll sintfnt.dll in the Windows system directory or the CD root - SecuROM NEW

Files: 00000001.TMP, CLCD16.DLL, CLCD32.DLL, CLOKSPL.exe, DPLAYERX.DLL, GAME.ICD - SafeDisc

Files: 00000001.TMP, 00000002.TMP (not always); CLCD16.DLL, CLCD32.DLL, CLOKSPL.exe is missing, GAME.ICD is missing, DPLAYERX.DLL - SafeDisc2

Settings for LB is all off (have a coffee while waiting) - playable in any AT device

SD is all off - playable in any AT device

SD2 is all off or Read: FES is supported - early revisions - playable in any AT device. Later Revisions not playable in CD-RWs or ATIP reading 'ROMs

SecuROM NEW is Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks on, all other settings off. Not playable in ATIP reading devices.

And by the way:

By default, Windows 2000 does not enable ATA 66 (also called UDMA-66) even if the hardware is able to support this mode. Out-of-the-box all IDE hard discs run in ATA 33 mode.

But Windows 2000 can be configured to enable ATA 66 using a registry tweak (MS KB Article Q247951). It is the same tweak as XSET uses for the UDMA/66 plug-in (Hardware\Hard Disk\Windows 2K/XP UDMA). However, this tweak does only apply for ATA 66, not for ATA 100.

If your computer supports ATA 100, you need a hotfix from Micrsoft to activate this mode (MS KB Article Q260233). You do not need to activate the ATA 66 tweak to enable the ATA 100 mode.

Finally, Windows 2000 before Service Pack 2 (SP2) does always displays that the system is using PIO mode even if it’s using ATA (UDMA) mode (MS KB Article Q269555). This is only a display bug so you can simply ignore the incorrect display. Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 can be downloaded from microsoft.com.

Solutions
for Windows 2000 (no service pack)

• system runs in ATA 33 mode out-of-the-box
  • to activate ATA 66: use X-Setup plug-in or registry tweak
  • to activate ATA 100: not possible
  • Device Manager shows “PIO” Mode instead of “ATA/UDMA” Mode

for Windows 2000 (Service Pack 1)

• to activate ATA 66: use X-Setup plug-in or registry tweak
  • to activate ATA 100: install ATA 100 hotfix
  • Device Manager shows “PIO” Mode instead of “ATA/UDMA” Mode

for Windows 2000 (Service Pack 2)

• to activate ATA 66: use XSET plug-in or registry tweak
  • to activate ATA 100: install ATA 100 hotfix
  • Device Manager shows correctly “ATA/UDMA” Mod

I just did a search on microsoft for the ATA100 Hotfix… I found it but apparently it is only for Presp2… I.e only works with sp1 not sp2!!!

I fixed the reading problem, I upgraded my firmware to the latest 5S0F I am now getting consistant reads, where as before it would vary from 55mins right up to 1hr 57mins. And the copy is working :slight_smile:

Thank you

Joel…

Hmz the ata 66 regestry fix where can i find that one because i might increase my performance of my hd. because it is not that good at the moment and everything helps right :slight_smile:

Registry tweaks for UDMA fix is here http://www.xteq.com/products/xset/