Clone (burns) failing!

All disks both drives using 8.0.8.5 and 8.1.0.5 qt clone option burns are failing. Yet i rip the disks using full disk mode and burn the iso image to disks using alcohol 120 and i get successful burns. Media used is verbatim 2.4X DVD+R DL (Singapore). Any ideas?

Not sure which burn logs to include but this was the last attempt:
15:03:48: Clone process started
15:13:19: Clone process completed successfully
15:13:19: Burn image (C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\Clone\SUPERNATURAL_SEASON_5_DISC_1.iso) started
15:13:44: Task_2 failed! Error=111
15:13:45: Process failed!

spam reply?

111 HWS_DEVICEBUSY 11 // Device is busy

Another program is holding your burner.

would a reboot fix it? Tried installing imgburn but after reading about having to set layer breaks for dl disks i gave up on it. entirely too sophisticated for me.

tried a reboot but still no difference. How do i find out whats holding my burner?

installed the software, ran it, stopped the processes reported and tried again. Same results. Burn fails on both drives.

is there any difference between cloning and using a separate software to burn a full disk iso? if not then i’ll just burn the full disk and give up on cloning

[QUOTE=pythonis;2601654]All disks both drives using 8.0.8.5 and 8.1.0.5 qt clone option burns are failing. Yet i rip the disks using full disk mode and burn the iso image to disks using alcohol 120 and i get successful burns. Media used is verbatim 2.4X DVD+R DL (Singapore). Any ideas?

Not sure which burn logs to include but this was the last attempt:
15:03:48: Clone process started
15:13:19: Clone process completed successfully
15:13:19: Burn image (C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\Clone\SUPERNATURAL_SEASON_5_DISC_1.iso) started
15:13:44: Task_2 failed! Error=111
15:13:45: Process failed![/QUOTE]

Alcohol 120 is older than the hills and dirtier.
I’m having a little trouble believing you.

Jeff

[QUOTE=Jeffrey_P;2601682]Alcohol 120 is older than the hills and dirtier.
I’m having a little trouble believing you.

Jeff[/QUOTE]

My car is 25 years old and hasnt been washed in awhile yet it still gets me from point A to point B just the same as a Rolls Royce or Porsche. Alcohol 120 may be “old and dirty” but it still does what its suppose to do for me. Thats the extent of my caring what you believe.

[QUOTE=pythonis;2601686]My car is 25 years old and hasnt been washed in awhile yet it still gets me from point A to point B just the same as a Rolls Royce or Porsche. Alcohol 120 may be “old and dirty” but it still does what its suppose to do for me. Thats the extent of my caring what you believe.[/QUOTE]

Apples and oranges.
Software ages faster then your Volkswagen or whatever you drive. Your aged car will nickle and dime you to death.

Is your PC an IBM XT running DOS 2.X?

Jeff

[QUOTE=Jeffrey_P;2601688]Apples and oranges.
Software ages faster then your Volkswagen or whatever you drive. Your aged car will nickle and dime you to death.

Is your PC an IBM XT running DOS 2.X?

Jeff[/QUOTE]Dude, if you cant help then dont post.

I can tell you one thing, Alcohol does nothing but conflict with software, IMHO, I wouldn’t install it on my enemies computer.:wink: If Imgburn has a problem also, then you will have to troubleshoot your computer because Imgburn is the closest thing to perfect that I have encountered in the software industry.

Well alcohol is the only burning software ive used for the past 7 years and have got nothing but good burns. i installed imgburn but took one look at that how to set up the layer breaks guide and i couldnt even understand the first sentence. im sure that if i were some sort of software wizard id have no problem with it. However im one of those ppl that has the computer knowledge limitation of copy/paste (seriously) so setting layer breaks…aint gonna happen. heck i cant even figure out how to make one of those moving avatar things. been trying for years.

If a program still is keeping your Drive busy after a reboot it must be a "Start Up " program. So take a look in msconfig/start up.

The other reason ImgBurn is suggested is it provides a very informative log to post.
Copy the log from Help/ImgBurn logs.
The layer break in ImgBurn is fairly easy to use. Just pick the one with the best star color. If their all the same try the 50/50. Like any problem it takes some testing to sort out. You may create a few coasters.
The problem is on a forum people can’t do a hands on test . So the more & better information you can provide the better help you will get.
I’ve never had alcohol on any of my OS’s since I’ve been told it’s bad news.
However if it works for you it’s OK with me . I just think the ImgBurn log may help find the problem.
BTW The motion avatars aren’t so tough but I had to size mine down so it would work here.
If I change it it would have to be downsized again since the limit is now smaller.

msconfig/startup could not be found.

yes layer breaks are easy to use if you know what youre doing. i do not. id have to “google” every other word in the “easy to understand” layer guide. Star color? 50/50? i have no earthly idea what youre talking about.

I cant afford coasters. I have 20 disks i need to copy and bought a 20 pack and i had to scrounge up pennies to get them. itll be about 2-3 months before im able to afford more disks.

I had been using the vso burn option of the dvdfab and cloning the disks if DL and just using regular dvd5 disks with A120 for simple movies. Now it seems the clone option wont work and burning the DL disks through A120 gives me disks playable in my personal dvd player but showing disk error in my regular dvd player. Started using Nero to burn my iso files to DL as i found nothing that said layer breaks had to be set. So far ive gottten 2 successful burns so i may just keep going with that

Have a look at the layer break guide in my signature as this simplifies things considerably.

[B]Wombler[/B]

took a look at the guide and its the same one that confused me. you say “I’m assuming that users are already familiar with the rest of the burning process in ImgBurn” well ive never used imgburn so i have no lnowledge of it whatsoever. i dont know what a cell is, i dont know what fast action is, i look at these guides and its like my head goes from reading comprehension to reading blah blah blah.

only burning software ive ever used is windows media player to burn music and alcohol 120 for dvd burns. Yesterday was the first time i had ever used Nero to burn a disk. Luckily it was idiot proof all i had to do was select the file to burn and what drive was going to be used to burn it and that was it. Which is good because i just go into air head/space cadet mode if its any more technical than that.

[QUOTE=pythonis;2601817]took a look at the guide and its the same one that confused me. you say “I’m assuming that users are already familiar with the rest of the burning process in ImgBurn” well ive never used imgburn so i have no lnowledge of it whatsoever. i dont know what a cell is, i dont know what fast action is, i look at these guides and its like my head goes from reading comprehension to reading blah blah blah.

only burning software ive ever used is windows media player to burn music and alcohol 120 for dvd burns. Yesterday was the first time i had ever used Nero to burn a disk. Luckily it was idiot proof all i had to do was select the file to burn and what drive was going to be used to burn it and that was it. Which is good because i just go into air head/space cadet mode if its any more technical than that.[/QUOTE]To burn an ISO in ImgBurn do the following.

1. Open ImgBurn.
  2. Click the ‘Write image file to disc’ icon.
  3. Put a blank disc in your burner.
  4. Select the ISO you want to burn.
  5. Click the ‘Write’ button.

And that’s all there is to it which is one of the reasons why ImgBurn is so popular as it’s very simple to use.

By ‘fast action’ I mean rapidly moving video such as car chase scenes, explosions, close ups of rapidly moving water etc.

Most of that guide is just an explanation of why you’re doing what you need to do.

The short bit at the end is the actual meat of things and it’s only a few steps long.

[B]Wombler[/B]

ok so what will happen if i select the clone option using imgburn on a dual layer dvd but dont set up any layer breaks? Does it have some sort of default or will it fail or refuse to burn the disk unless i physically set the L-breaks?