Clone and anydvd question

Looks like I have been purchasing rented DVD’s from the internet. I want to make a backup copy of these. I was told (someone on this fourm) that I can use cloneDVD and Anydvd to encode? the dvd so I can make a copy. I am very new to this and downloaded both of the programs before I buy. I tried doing this but I dont know where to start. Do I need to do something before I burn (encode) or? The pictures on the clone site are not the same thing that I have when I downloaded. I just have 4 writing tools that I can choose. On anydvd it just comes up with info and tabs at the top. Where and how do I start the process?

It is illegal to try and copy rented DVD’s! :frowning:

The only proper use for this or any copying software is to make backup copies of DVD’s that you own.

I have been purchasing rented DVD’s

If you are purchasing them then there is no problem, however if you are renting them then go away we will not help you.

i am having a problem with using clone2 and anydvd to make back ups of my kids dvds i am new to this and have tried everything am i suppose to do something befor i run cloe2 i keep getting a cylic redundancy error im sorry if i am not posting were i should this is my first time in any kind of a forum please help im lost and yes i have tried cleaning the dvd and still get the same error i have even used one of the kids brand new movie and still same error.

Try cleaning the surface of the original - it might simply be dirty, or it could just be too scratched up. If so, try another original

Am I the only one who wonders where people like this come from?
Go back to the mpaa people who hired you and tell them to find something constructive to do with whatever time God has given them (and you) on this earth!