Clone a clone?

vbimport

Can I copy a DVDR that has been made via CloneDVD directly to another DVDR? I now have a printer that does digital media and I would like to redo the titles that I already have on DVDR. I’m thinking that it would be a LOT quicker to copy directly from one of the regular DVDR media that I have been using to a printable DVDR media, as opposed to redoing the CloneDVD process for each title. As you can probably tell I’m not really a computer guy. There is likely a simple way to do this but I need to know more precisely how this is done. I have only the one DVD drive/burner at the present so I can’t load the original and the recordable media at the same time.

Once again, I’d like to compliment Olli on the CloneDVD product. As a guy who isn’t interested in computers, per se, and sees the software he buys as a tool to do a job, I really appreciate a program that simply does the intended job as advertised.

Thanks

Tom

Yes you can, you can use the 3rd button, “Write Existing Data”

Thanks for your reply. I do understand that the bottom button allows me to write data from a file to a DVDR. I assume this option allows me to write any data, irrespective of CloneDVD? Anyway, like I said, I’m not a computer guy. and what I don’t know is how to get the raw data from the DVDR into a file on the hard drive for temporary keeping, which is what I’m thinking I need to do. I have used the default “erase when finished” on all of the files that CloneDVD has written so the data that resides on these DVDRs is long gone from the computer. If I had two DVD drives I’d just transfer the data directly. This can’t be as simple as going into Windows Manager and dragging from the DVD drive icon to a folder and then using CloneDVD, can it? I have several DVD players on the computer that can play the DVDRs but I believe that I want to take the data directly to the hard drive because this raw data transfer would be much quicker. Maybe I’m thinking too much. If this is all a too complicated thing then I can always rewrite these 18 titles in CloneDVD. I’m just hoping for a quicker and easier solution.

Thanks again

Tom

Or the first and second button.

Greetings

Tom Russell Wrote:

This can’t be as simple as going into Windows Manager and dragging from the DVD drive icon to a folder and then using CloneDVD, can it?

Yes it is that simple, you are right on track with it.

I have several DVD players on the computer that can play the DVDRs but I believe that I want to take the data directly to the hard drive because this raw data transfer would be much quicker.

Once again, it is that simple.

Maybe I’m thinking too much. If this is all a too complicated thing then I can always rewrite these 18 titles in CloneDVD.

This is why, you can use the 3rd button. If the DVDR is already mastered, such as able to fit onto the desired DVDR and the copy protection has been removed, then the 3rd button is the quicker and easier solution. If you use the 3rd button, you are by passing all of the mastering work and you are just Cloning a CLone…