Clone 4 help

vbimport

I've tried to copy Aliens/Predator II and Max Payne with my 40X Liteon with Cloney 2006 settings. The only way I can get them to run is with a no cd patch. I have tried hide cdr. any suggestions?
Also, I have ZS08 firmware.

K, i have the Liteon24102b and had the same problem with Max Payne. here is what i ended up doing. I found out that my HP10X burner could make a good image file and could burn, The game would install but when i tried to run it would ask for the CD, so i knew that the HP could not Handle the SD2 protection. then my Liteon24102b i made an image file and burned it but the install would stop at like 92% and fail. So what i ended up doing is making an Image file with my HP burner and then burned it with my Liteon24102b. So if you have other CDroms or DVD Roms laying around try using that instead to make the image file. I tried using my Liteon12X DVD to make the Image file but that did not work either. Good luck bro

Welcome to the world of ATIP, try playing it In a regular cdrom one that does not read ATIP info I use a dvd for a reader a lite-on for a burner and a lite-on cdrom to check my back-ups. Since you are using clone then use the hide cdr media…Max Payne will back-up it did for me

i have a lite-on 24102b (24x10x40) and it has never giveing me a problem with copying any games out there, i have copied medal of honor which is one of tha hardest games to copy.

i have tha newest firmware 5S57 get it from

http://www.liteonit.com/index-english.htm

also make sure u have tha newest version of clone cd (4.0.0.1)

also make sure u dont use a cd-rw drive to play them games back because of atip protection, if u do u have to enable hide cd-r media option :slight_smile:

good luck :slight_smile:

Originally posted by PowerLineMan
I’ve tried to copy Aliens/Predator II and Max Payne with my 40X Liteon with Cloney 2006 settings. The only way I can get them to run is with a no cd patch. I have tried hide cdr. any suggestions?
Also, I have ZS08 firmware.

Instead of the Cloney 2006 settings, try the default Game CD profile in CloneCD 4 for reading and writing. And make sure AWS is NOT ENABLED in your LiteOn 40x writer settings. It worked for me backing up Max Payne with my LiteOn 40x.

Thanks guys, I have tried to use CloneCDs “Hide CDR Media”. Didn’t work. I did try to burn with CloneCD 4001 with the games clicked (not cloney). Didn’t work. But I have not tried to read with my Ricoh 9060A and write with my Liteon 40x. Gonna try that next. And I don’t have a regular cd-rom drive to try. I’ll try it at my mom’s. Thanks again

I did try to burn with CloneCD 4001 with the games clicked (not cloney). Didn’t work.
When you select your writer in CloneCD, right click it and edit settings; Uncheck “Allow AWS” - that’s it; you can then use the Game CD profile. CloneCD will recognise your burner and turn AWS off but I think it’s not working 100% based on some other comments. Click the “must read” links in my signature for further advice…

I have it unchecked now. But I don’t know if I had it unchecked when I made the copys. Thanks, I’ll try again.

Originally posted by FutureProof
When you select your writer in CloneCD, right click it and edit settings; Uncheck “Allow AWS” - that’s it; you can then use the Game CD profile. CloneCD will recognise your burner and turn AWS off but I think it’s not working 100% based on some other comments.

It should work.

It Does work! Thanks

It Does work! Thanks
Aaaaahhhhh…another satisfied member :smiley: :smiley:

Originally posted by Olli [B]

It should work. [/B]
It didn’t seem to…:(…thoughts?