Clone 1.3.11.2 and Players

vbimport

I had occasion to use the “Copy DVD Titles” feature of Clone DVD to copy 2 titles and create DVD files without menu. The files to be copied to DVD disk later. When these files were played back on computer (cyberlink powerdvd and xbmc) only the selected first title would play (tried both titles as first).
When copied to DVD-RW and played in a stand-alone DVD player all was fine… the second title played after the first.
Could someone who knows please explain or point me to a link for such an explanation. I was aware that a difference between players existed but never found out what it was all about. I have always tested the dvd files with menues included with powerdvd to test prior to burn… never had a problem.
I hope I made myself clear.

@ gelf86,

Welcome to the Forum.

Clone 1.3.11.2 ? What in the world is Clone 1.3.11.2 ?

Suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and downloading the newest current most up to date version of CloneDVD, which as of this time/date is Version 2.9.0.3 and AnyDVD Version 6.1.3.0.

Using DVD-RW or DVD+RW Media is differently not the correct DVD Media to be attempting to use in recording Movie DVDs. The correct DVD Media to use is either DVD-R or DVD+R Media. DVD-R Media is the more compatible Media to use. For quality error free results suggest using known proven quality such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim DVD Media.

Also ensure that your DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware that is available.

For information on how to use the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software combination suggest view the following Tutorials ->

http://www.ultimate-dvdr.com/anydvd/903-anydvd-intro-guide-vista-update.html

http://www.ultimate-dvdr.com/clonedvd2/713-clonedvd2-intro-guide-vista-update.html

Regards,
bjkg

That version of clonedvd came out in 2004, so it would be a good idea to update. Don’t see a problem with using RW’s to play around with. I use +RW’s all the time to see how a movie will turn out after I chop several things out of it.

Thanks for the reply? I have been doing digital audio/video in one form or another for several years. If I had said “Creative Movie Blaster” I’m sure that that would have caused the first guy (bjkg) some consternation also.
The phenomenon that I encountered has nothing to do with software version or even booktype.
I didn’t state my experience very well and probably did it in the wrong place.
It is not important. Sorry for the bother.

Update? To what? The consumer and the pirate are in for some radical changes in the very near future. If it were not for competing and incompatible technologies… we’d be there now.

Not sure what you are talking about, gelf86. The update we were talking about is CloneDVD2 2.9.0.3. If you have a license for 1.3.11.2, you can contact elby and get a new key for the updated version.

Posted by gelf86

Update? To what? The consumer and the pirate are in for some radical changes in the very near future. If it were not for competing and incompatible technologies… we’d be there now.

Can you explain this please? You are posting in the CloneDVD2 thread. A product distributed by Slysoft. If you have questions about this software and need help, we will be glad to assist you. :stuck_out_tongue: