Clogged Epson 835 printhead

vbimport

Epson Artisan 835 with clogged printhead. I’ve seen “unclog kits” for sale, but I think that I can build my own. What size rubber tubing do I need? Any tips? Warnings? Gotchas?

[QUOTE=pilgrim7993;2726246]Epson Artisan 835 with clogged printhead. I’ve seen “unclog kits” for sale, but I think that I can build my own. What size rubber tubing do I need? Any tips? Warnings? Gotchas?[/QUOTE]

How old is the printhead? Those cleaning kits are to be avoided did you try another new printhead cartridge to see if that fixes the print problem?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2726268]How old is the printhead? Those cleaning kits are to be avoided did you try another new printhead cartridge to see if that fixes the print problem?[/QUOTE]

What is a printhead cartridge? I tried new ink cartridges, but they didn’t help.

I’d just take an alcohol swab and use it to soak the head for a while. If that doesn’t do it, its a dead head. Epsons can sometimes need many cleaning cycles to get them cleared, so don’t stop at one.

On the bottom of the printer is a small cover,remove it and see how bad the ink pads have become. These will cause all kinds of problems,if soaked.If they are the best bet is to get a drain tank added to collect the excess ink. I had head problems untill I added the tank. Now works great!

[QUOTE=CDan;2726404]I’d just take an alcohol swab and use it to soak the head for a while. If that doesn’t do it, its a dead head. Epsons can sometimes need many cleaning cycles to get them cleared, so don’t stop at one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I want to try this, but I don’t know how to get the print head out of the printer. How do I go about it?

[QUOTE=pilgrim7993;2726896]Thanks for the info. I want to try this, but I don’t know how to get the print head out of the printer. How do I go about it?[/QUOTE]

You can try this. See if this video helps.

http://www.theonlytutorials.com/video/82/9813/helper

Mr. Bill :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mr.Bill;2726937]You can try this. See if this video helps.

http://www.theonlytutorials.com/video/82/9813/helper

Mr. Bill :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you Mr. Bill,

pilgrim

[QUOTE=pilgrim7993;2726947]Thank you Mr. Bill,

pilgrim[/QUOTE]

You Welcome. Did it help you?

Mr. Bill