Clock trouble on 5007 from Sears

vbimport

Hi all- Thanks for reading. I bought the Lite-On 5007 yestereday at Sears. I immediately hacked it to the 3 hour and MV free firmware. What i noticed is that now no matter what time i set my clock at,it always goes 1/2 hour behind the real time and then i can’t re-set it without having to unplug the machine.

For example,if i set it for 2 PM,in a half hour it will then show the time a hour an hour late. Like at 3 pm,it will show 2:30 PM.

But here’s the funny part. Today i tried to set it one-half hour ahead,thinking that if it lost a half an hour it would be on time LOL.Well,it then backs up an HOUR to make it still behind the correct time by 1/2 hour,just like before.

Does anyone have any thoughts ? I searched and saw a few people who had a similar problem and they said it corrected itself after the TV Guide function downloaded but mine did that and still goes back exactly 1/2 hour and stays that way. It doesn’t lose anymore time or any less,exactly 1/2 hour.

Thanks,
Tom :slight_smile:

OK,i have changed to the latest unhacked firmware to see if that took care of the trouble .I will update my findings just in case anyone else has the same problem.

Tom