Clear this up for me

vbimport

am i correct that...if your burner has 2 or 1 sheeps Correct EFM Encoding, your backups should be able to run in a normal CD-ROM drive with no problems? but if you have a burner with 0 sheeps you will need some type of a patched .exe file to play the game?

Originally posted by afrodeziak
am i correct that…if your burner has 2 or 1 sheeps Correct EFM Encoding, your backups should be able to run in a normal CD-ROM drive with no problems? but if you have a burner with 0 sheeps you will need some type of a patched .exe file to play the game?

Number of sheep applies only to safedisc 2 back-ups.

2 sheep - no need to use AWS (in fact, you shouldn’t use it), back-up will work in any ordinary cd/dvd rom drive.

1 sheep - back-up probably won’t work without AWS, may work with AWS but no guarantees.

0 sheep - with the exception of some writers in respect of versions of sd2 up to about 2.41, back-up won’t work with or without AWS.

2 sheeps: all SafeDisc 2 version can be burned, AWS must be off
1 sheep: SafeDisc version 2 upto version 2.51.020 can be burned without AWS, version 2.51.021 and above must be burned with AWS on
0 sheeps: AWS must be on for all SafeDisc 2 versions. No guarantee though it will work. No need for a fixed EXE if your drive works well with AWS.