Clean uninstall of DVDFab

vbimport

Guide was updated see link below in my signature there is a guide for XP and Vista/Win 7

EXCELLENT POST!

Saved me a lot of time. Thank you very much for this information!

Rick M

Hi Rick
I’m glad it helped you out
Welcome to the DVDFab Forum :bigsmile:

This no longer works… it appears they’ve hidden something else with their install, I’ve been successful with the vista clean uninstall before, but cannot do it any more. Any suggestions?

I thought I just posted here? Sigh CCleaner which can be downloaded at filehippo.com will help you clean your Vista or XP!!

StormJumper,

I did a clean install per your instructions and fab is working except for one little thing ---- it will not copy episodes. Any ideas.

New to Fab. No idea what is going on but after following your instructions for cleanup my system went from a 13 percent free space to 78 percent.
thanks

J

quote=StormJumper;1711788]Reason for doing a clean uninstall of DVDFab is because some times programs can get files that become corrupt and when you do a normal uninstall of DVDFab there are files and folders that are left behind and when you go to re-install DVDFab and you are still having trouble with the program not running right, it may be caused by DVDFab using the files that was left behind which may be corrupt.

How to do a Clean uninstall of DVDFab Platinum/Gold
Uninstall DVDFab like you normally do, next open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) where ever you installed DVDFab and delete the DVDFab folder…now close Program Files

Since you are already have your “C” drive open go to “Documents and Settings \ OWNER” and open the “HIDDEN FOLDER” called “Application Data”…now go all the way down the list to “PCOUFFIN” that was left behind when DVDFab was uninstalled and delete the pcouffin( NOTE ) there are 4 entries for the pcouffin delete “ALL 4”…close documents and settings

Now the last thing you want to do in your “C” drive is to open “c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH” and delete the boot-up file for DVDFab (better known as the ".pf " file
it will look something like this DVDFAB(PLATINUM or GOLD)3080.EXE- # # # # # # # #.pf (NOTE)where 3080 is the version number and where # is a number and or letter (string of 8 total ( NOTE ) delete all entries for DVDFAB…close the “C” drive

Now open “My Documents” and delete the DVDFab Folder (AND) the “[B]PCSETUP[/B]” Folder …now close my documents

Empty the Recycle Bin and for the last two steps [B]DO[/B] in order
1st… Do a Registry Clean up using “REGSEEKER” or what ever you use
2nd… Defrag your whole system
NOW Reboot and re-install DVDFab (NOTE) [B]DO NOT USE[/B] the old download file of DVDFab that you have had on your computer "COULD be Corrupt RE-DOWNLOAD a new copy of the file to use[/quote]

[QUOTE=jrosey;1995558]StormJumper,

I did a clean install per your instructions and fab is working except for one little thing ---- it will not copy episodes. Any ideas.

New to Fab. No idea what is going on but after following your instructions for [B]cleanup my system went from a 13 percent free space to 78 percent
thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes doing a good clean up of the system can and will do wonders :clap: there are other things that can be done to help or increase performance but does not pertain to DVDFab so was not listed :frowning:
Having trouble with backing up episodes are you using the latest version 4.0.6.2 if not just click on the 4062 that is underline for the download