Clean install packard bell 2311

vbimport

hi, i am trying to do a clean install to my parents pc, its a packard bell 2311 istart, i think you can do the clean install by going into the bios but i cant remember and there website has changed, i cant find the info i need can anyone help?
mark

Hi,

a clean install starts with a plain Windows install disc. :smiley:
In case you want to restore the factory preinstall, see if there is something useful here on PB’s FTP server: ftp://ftp.download.packardbell.com/DESKTOP/iMedia%20(2007-2009)/Documents/

Michael

there was no disk supplied it is done via the bios! the pc is from new, i have done it before but it was a while ago! and i cant remember what i did.

[QUOTE=md74;2544006]there was no disk supplied it is done via the bios! the pc is from new, i have done it before but it was a while ago! and i cant remember what i did.[/QUOTE]

That is confusing I never heard of install done via bios?? I think your confusing Bios update with HDD O/S install. I can see Bios update but O/S install isn’t done from the bios beyond directing it to install from the cd/dvd drive only to install Windows O/S. What O/S are you trying to install??? Clean install means you will need a full version O/S to install and the drivers if needed from Packard Bell site for the motherboard and any other drivers needed to make the Packard work.

hi it must be via hdd, there is no disk supplied with the machine! it is a full install i have found out how do do it again!

[QUOTE=md74;2544338]hi it must be via hdd, there is no disk supplied with the machine![/quote]As usual. There is a hidden partition on the HDD that contains the recovery data. Usually, the recovery process is described in the manual. On my Acer laptop, I have to enable “D2D recovery” in Bios, then I need to press something like Alt-F10 (forgot actually).
Also, there should be a “create recovery disc” application. Use it, and don’t forget to create the “drivers and application” disc also.

i have found out how do do it again!
So all is fine now?

Michael

Oh, he’s talking about something similar to Dell’s factory restore partition…

Not sure how to access that on a P-B comp…

AD