Clarification please

vbimport

Solid burn and Overspeed does not work with DL media but Wopc should be used. Is this a correct assumption? does anyone have a preference as to what software they write Dl media with I currently use decrypter and Imgburn.

benQ1655
nec3530A

I have burned 3 discs with Verbatim 2,4X MKM 001 + media.

I got the best result with having default qsuite settings, but with WOPC off. I guess there are no right answer on this, but thats my experience.

Yes.

does anyone have a preference as to what software they write Dl media with I currently use decrypter and Imgburn.
I usually rip with decrypter in ISO mode and burn the MDS using ImgBurn. For me this method results no skip on the layer break.

I have to eat my words…

My fourth burn was a disaster…used the same settings as the third and the discs had all the errors you can imagine right on the end of layer 0…

Sucks to be me right now. 2 of 4 discs coasters… :a :a :a

Im not gonna buy any more DL before its getting cheaper

COASTER AGAIN!

This time with WOPC enabled.

I dont know whats going on but this burner seems very unreliable on DL burning. :sad:

Zachzi, what firmware are you using? BenQ should really improve both DL and RW burn quality and reliability. I wonder if these issues were addressed in the new BCFC firmware.

I had 4 DL coasters (Verbatim MKM001) with my first defective DW1650. Haven’t burned any DL media with my new drive yet, kinda reluctant after that costly incident. For now, I let my good old (and trusty) NEC 3500AG do the DL burns.

I use the BCFC firmware and this drive is brand new. I replaced it with a defective one few days ago.

I got 3 coasters, 1 half good and 1 good burn with my pack of 5 Verbatim 2,4X MKM 001 media.

Not gonna try it again…