Clarification on the Zebra instructions

• Run the patch tool on the EEPROM by calling the patcher at command line, then typing the name
of the original EEPROM, with the file extension, then typing the name of the new EEPROM
you wish to create eg:

C:/MyStuff/Patcherv4/

patcher myEEPROM_original.bin myEEPROM_modded.bin

• Accept the warnings - if you dare. Be aware of what is being said!

• Once finished, run LTNFlash and using the EEPROM tab, LOAD the newly modified EEPROM into LTNFlash
then WRITE the new newly modified EEPROM onto your drive.

• Download the latest firmware from LiteonIT’s home page - at current time of writing, the newest
official firmware is HS0K.exe available from the page.

• Use the tool FLASHFIX to run on the firmware once downloaded. It is included in the package.
If you have problems understanding flashfix, read its readme file!

• Once you have run flashFix on the new OFFICIAL firmware you downloaded from LiteonIT’s website
run the windows patcher (HS0k.exe for example) and accept the warnings. BE VERY CAREFUL TO FLASH
THE RIGHT DRIVE!

• Once the drive is finished programming, a forced reboot will occur!

Ok so once I patched the bin and loaded it into my drive I have to download another bin file and flash my drive with that offical bin file and not the patched one? I though I’v allready flashed the drive with the patched bin file will not the official bin file overwrite the patched one? Also what official binfile should I download the 411s? Or the 811? (I have an 411 drive). I know I am using an 411 bin file and patching that, then I am uploading the patched 411 bin file to my drive and then what? Download another official 411 binfile from the liteon website and flash my drive again with that official unpatched 411 bin file? Will that not negate all the patches? Sorry the last part of the instructions got me baffled.

Besides that fact that I get wrong Input File each time I try to patch the bastard.

There is a difference between the eeprom and the firmware.

Extract your original 411S eeprom .bin and save that with ltnflash. Thant’s the file you want to run the patcher on. The error message is probably because you’re trying to patch a firmware .bin, which is a different animal altogether.

Once you have a patched copy of your eeprom, flash that with ltnflash.

The firmware downloads from LiteOn are all executables now, not .bin files. You use a different app, flashfix, to patch those. Most people use HSOK, as that’s included in the official V4 download.

After you’ve flashed the eeprom with ltnflash, just run the patched HSOK executable. That will update the firmware and reboot the PC.

After that, your drive is a full-fledged 811S and HSOP and any future firmware updates will work without patching.

Originally posted by wittangamo
[B]There is a difference between the eeprom and the firmware.

Extract your original 411S eeprom .bin and save that with ltnflash. Thant’s the file you want to run the patcher on… [/B]

Back up your eeprom

Remember to save a copy of the extracted eeprom on a safe place for the future.!!! :cool:

I know I am dumb but just to be sure…aftera I mod it I flash it with the 811 firmware correct? (and not the 411)

Both HSOK and HSOP are 811S firmware, so yes.