Citizen model CIT C806CDVR

vbimport

Hello, I bought my wife a Citizen model CIT C806CDVR DVD Recorder / VCR last Christmas. The problem is it now wont close. You put a disc in and press close, the door closes but the message doesn’t change to loading. It remains displaying close and after a couple seconds it opens again. It started off intermittant but now is doing it constantly. Is there a sensor or proximity switch that needs to be adjusted. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Hi, I have the same model… Citizen model CIT C806CDVR DVD RECORDER/VCR, and I am having the same problem with the DVD door that it will not stay closed let alone play a DVD. I am so frustrated that I never even got to use it once because I did not get it set up for some time after I purchased it due to poor health, and when I finally did get it set up it never worked and I tried to take it back where I had purchased it and they told me they don’t handle them anymore - DID THEY ALL HAVE ISSUES? IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM?

Please help me. I am disabled and have to spend a lot of time watching TV and would like to get this working.

Thank you,

C. Milne

Hello, I bought my wife a Citizen model CIT C806CDVR DVD Recorder / VCR last Christmas. The problem is it now wont close. You put a disc in and press close, the door closes but the message doesn’t change to loading. It remains displaying close and after a couple seconds it opens again. It started off intermittant but now is doing it constantly. Is there a sensor or proximity switch that needs to be adjusted. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

JIM, DID YOU EVER GET THIS FIXED??? ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW I CAN GET MINE FIXED? I LIVE IN HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA, CNADA.

THANKS,

Charlie