CISS for Epson R360 Problems

Hey all.

I bought a CISS for Epson R360. Now at first, it said some of the ink cartridges couldn’t be recognised so I fiddled about with them and no more error. Basically, my error is that only the blue ink is printing (one out of 6). I’ve done loads of Nozzle cleans and stuff but it aint helping :confused:

I noticed that the ink levels dropped severely last night and when I turned my printer on today, they were full. The hoses? only have a bit of ink in them, I thought there would have been more?

Can anyone recommend some help?

[QUOTE=buckeejit;2239218]Hey all.

I bought a CISS for Epson R360. Now at first, it said some of the ink cartridges couldn’t be recognised so I fiddled about with them and no more error. Basically, my error is that only the blue ink is printing (one out of 6). I’ve done loads of Nozzle cleans and stuff but it aint helping :confused:

I noticed that the ink levels dropped severely last night and when I turned my printer on today, they were full. The hoses? only have a bit of ink in them, I thought there would have been more?

Can anyone recommend some help?[/QUOTE]
Welcome to CDFreaks :flower:

Dropped the ball on this one, not checking in often enough:o
Sounds like one of my problem CISS. Did you buy this pre-filled, or empty with ink? If pre-filled, did you remove the plugs from the reservoir and install the vents? If so, sounds like you either got a CISS from a seller that buys empties and fills them himself(improperly in this case), or a single chamber reservoir unit(like mine) that requires the reservoir to be at exactly the right height relative to the printheads. Could also be poor match between reservoir and cartridge ink dampers. If the hoses appear to be empty, raise the reservoir up slowly(I used empty cd cases to keep it at the right height) until you see ink start to move towards the cartridges. Wait 5-10 minutes, run nozzle clean and see if it helps. Give it a little longer, if necessary. If it does, be prepared to adjust the height till you find the perfect balance between too much(ink splotches) and too little(loss of a color).