Circumstances coerced into joining the CANADIAN forces

vbimport

thanks for taking your time in reading this inquiry, i really appreciate it.
i have a question regarding army recruitment experience of canadians.

as an ethnic minority i’ve lived in canada for years until when i was at about grade 9 secondary, that’s when my single parent decided to move back to his country of origin, which was also where i was born.

after completing the final 2 years of high school though not very well my national scores were, my single parent decides that his obligation to me is done and through, and demands that i leave so his life can continue as it should. and so for the past 2 years i’ve been living on my own and life in my native country is harsh, with what i would consider as slavery work earning no more than 5 USD an hour, barely making ends meet and no where near enough to pay for the minimum tuition of the university, even so my rent for my flat which had already gone up to 800 USD per month in less than a year after paying for rent and essential expenditures and i felt like my life would not just go on bitterly like this and i would have to beg and die soon like a dog here. the only thing i ever wanted was to go back to canada, but i’m aware that as an unskilled worker i have no future nor chances with my current academic background, and i recalled during grade 9 at a seconday school in canada there in the auditorium once held a recruitment…convention, and it was staffed by real soldiers and a speech by army Sargent made quite the impression on me, though i’ll admit the thought of joining never crossed my mind as i was back then, still contemplating on future studies and universites choices; which all ended abruptly when my parents divorced and one of which had to have assume responsibility for me, which he choose to in his and my own country, until recent changes in his life and my age nullified his obligation and our roles in each others lives between us.

in the passing years the thought of returning to canada was the only thing that kept me straggling on admist the wrecked morality and norms that is the society of my country, i’ve been desperate enough to take on part time jobs i regret having to, and i’m still desperate and i’m willing to do anything to go back not only because my country is a filthy mess but also i really don’t think i can hold out on my own much longer with the job market worsening and the landlord increasing the rent by nearly 2 folds ,unless i resort to more illegal profession i don’t think i can survive in this society, so i’m now, in light of recent worsening circumstances i am contemplating on the possibility of joining the canadians forces.

i am still in possession of my citizen id and passport and i am a full fledged canadian citizen since 8yr old with a clean record. i’d like to know what are some of the options i can undertake in canada in the event that i lose my renting privaligies here in my country, which will happen soon as the manager had cryptically informed me that he’s hiring new hands soon and he’s already done me a big favor for the past year and a half, this, and i have also in my possession some private savings of 1300USD minus the single journey plane ticket, i’ll get abit more after i sell my still mint condition dell pc at home but i really wish i had more but that’s all i can muster up, either that or i forfeit my rent obligation and start living on the streets now while i work.

i don’t know if i even have any relatives here but my other parent is still in canada but i know the address and tel she gave me were fake, otherwise she would have, when the other wouldn’t, given what’s best for me as everyone elses parents in school have. the social welfare brerau here is non-exsistant as the irony dictates that “no money no talk” and my single status and academic background doesn’t qualified me to receive welfare of any kind. i have food bank card but what little they give is inconsistent and of no real significant enough help.

either way i’m on my own here and in canada, so i was wondering if any canadians here had joined the forces prior and would please be so kind as to give me a heads-up when joining so i’d know what i’ll be getting into. from what i’ve read in the forces recruitment site it would seem i might be eligible to join however the obstacle lies in that a grade 10 or equalivent education is required, i have actually enrolled into grade 10 back then at the same high school in canada where i also attended the previous grade, but only for 2 weeks as i was getting ready to return for my native country, even though i’ve officially finished high school here in my country, other than an A in english and E in computer science, everything else is a flopping F, kinda like if one receives the GED in USA but gets horrible scores in nationals except for english, except in usa with these kinds of scores a ged is not issued right? well i have mine. (already phoned a college in canada and they said they recognize that as ged but i’ll need to do some tests and whatnot)

i’ve emailed the recruitment office for nearly a month now, there’s on reply from them, not even an automated message of please be waiting. so what i’d like to know if there’s any former reserves or active duty canadians in the forces now here at clubCE, and if the government will provide basic accommodation during basic training. taking into consideration that i might not make their mark and pass the qualification do they provide any job opportunities or is it really a final farewell from them?

i am of course not going to nor able to commit myself to the endeavors of them illegal aliens of hogging job and resources, my entire life savings is going one way or the other, so this one chance is really make or break for me. it’s a one time trip canada or throwing it out to survive for a while longer in where i am now. since i’ve been given notice of being fired soon, i can’t stress really how much this means to me. however you have the right call me a coward for if i really have to be deployed after training i might as well take my chances here, when you’re dead nothing means anything anymore, i value myself as people should and i’m a christian so killing someone is out of the question for me. of course that is even if i’ll make it through training, and suppose i don’t what are some of my other options in canada (since i’ll have no money to return to native country) so that i have a ceiling over my head and something to stomach to get by the day? i’m 20yrs old male.

my most sincerest gratitude to you all, i am in your debt.
thanks so much for the unconditional help

Correct me if I’m wrong, but after doing army training, if the country goes to war you are basically drafted.
In any war, it’s kill or be killed, which as a christian is against your principles.

In any case, I’d suggest that you move into a shared house with other people, which will reduce the rent, and then pursue either more training, or an apprenticeship in something which doesn’t require alot of education. Apprentice wages are quite low, but at least at the end you will have extensive training in a trade, with almost guaranteed work afterwards.

[QUOTE=debro;2485676]Correct me if I’m wrong, but after doing army training, if the country goes to war you are basically drafted.
In any war, it’s kill or be killed, which as a christian is against your principles.

In any case, I’d suggest that you move into a shared house with other people, which will reduce the rent, and then pursue either more training, or an apprenticeship in something which doesn’t require alot of education. Apprentice wages are quite low, but at least at the end you will have extensive training in a trade, with almost guaranteed work afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Going to war is not anit-Christian. Some of the things that go on in war may be anti-Christian, but going to war is not. However, I don’t think this is not the best reason to join the military and I’d rather be poor in a wealthy country, than poor in a poor country. Canada is a great place to live. I am not Canadian, but have been there enough to know this. I believe that you would have more opportunity in Canada in many other fields of work, driving a delivery truck, or getting a commercial drivers license, etc. If you have good health, that can set you up for many jobs. I don’t know where you live presently, but a 20 year old should expect to be able to find work using the strength he possesses, if you don’t mind working hard for many years to work your way up. Getting a job with a plumber or electrician is a good way to learn a trade. These trades are in constant need and the work never dries up.

Religion of beliefs aside. If you think the best possible way to survive on this planet is by drafting in an army and possibly end up killing other people for other people, then that’s your choice and yours entirely.

If you happen to fear that at the end of your Earth-time you will be judged by some entity based on your beliefs or religion, that’s entirely up to you.

At least you are trying to make a decent honest living and not going into the very tempting illegal business that others may do in these matters and personally i think that’s a plus.

I also agree with Zathros that there are better jobs that maybe fullfill your enthousiasm a lot more. The only one who is in control of your future is you. Apply everywhere.

I have once written to over 200 job offerings before i got a job. Never give up!

Just walk into a computer shop and explain how you want a job and a way to prove yourself. It can work. And if it doesn’t, who cares? Nothing was lost.

Especially if you explain your circumstance. There are a lot of people who don’t takes really good jobs because they are so smug or live at home or are just plain lazy, employers snap up people who want to work. You are worth more than you credit yourself.

sorry for the late reply, i’ve been so caught up in my new job i forgot to check back here.

and thank you so much for all the help and encouraging advice, i really, really appreciate it.

i thank you all for the concern about my religious principles clashing with the prospect of killing; i was native to think that reserves doesn’t get drafted to iraq, i don’t want to kill nor be killed because if i die nothing means anything anymore, and i won’t live with the guilt with myself alone for the rest of my life of having taken a person’s life regardless of whatever it was that he/she did.

come to think of it electrician here are also very high demand of these profession as they were when i was in canada , my father was a technician and he was always popular with a certain…gender of ppl and on days when he’s in a good mood he would talk to be about how he’s rubbing elbows with some high class people for his free service with fixing their appliances and they’re going to enrich his career opportunities and all. i’ll definitely look into that.

right now i’m looking for some agriculture work in canada with job-bank online, ive received several replies that they’ll have to see me in person and i’ll need to re-residing in canda now.

[B][B]i don’t want money, i don’t need to get paid[/B], i don’t need any money for my own house, my car nor any fancy lot of brand named commodities, [B]all i want is a roof over my head even if i have to sleep outside and sufficient amount of food to stomach for my work duties[/B], i’ll live happy and content so long as i can do all this in canada.
[/B]
i know what i;m asking for because i’m been living on my own eating instant noodles and bare rice while working crude labor, if i have to live in poverty like this here, i would rather do it in canada.

i’m saying this as a loud mouth whipper snapping teenager who used to live in a high school musical esquire lifestyle in canada, and now after i’ve return to thsi thrid world nation all i want is to use up all my savings and return to canada so i can live a live of honest laboring, i don;t care if i’ll never have money, or if i’m discriminated or looked down upon by anyone, all i wanted in life is to work on simply honest labor until i die, i don’t care if i don’t have medical insurance because i don’t have any here and especially with all the bad food, pollution and hazardous fumes i’m breathing in the factory from where i’m working in i’m lucky so far not to have caught any illness.

so what i wanted to say was, would any of you please be so kind as to tell me if there are any agricultural work that would take ppl in in exchange for providing accommodation of any kind and some food?

i don’t want money in canada and i don’t need to get paid, i don’t need anything other than food and a roof over my head, i’m willing to work my entire lives for it. so if anyone here lives in canada knows about this kind of work i’d be forever in your debt

edited: the link i posted wasn’t for workers so i deleted it.

it looks like you seriously know nothing of how the welfare system works in canada

-i suggest you get yourself higher education
-it looks like you want to get into slave labour, which is illegal in canada

what you should do
-go to job bank tell them you’re unable to find a job
-see if they can do anything for you

-if worse comes to worse there’s always shelter for homeless people here
-they provide some housing
-get a job at 7/11 and go to adult high school to finish your high school education

canada has shortage of skilled labour, if u applied for unemployment insurance i think there’s a way they will give you $20000 to get your college diploma

$20000 CAD should be enough money to get a technologist diploma in 3years

even if it doesn’t work
the government is willing to work with you to slowly get your education or full time work

here’s some examples
http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/tcu/
http://www.causewayworkcentre.org/employment-training/programs-services.htm

if you need some help and don’t know where to look i’m sure i can point you the right direction
email me at [email address removed to prevent spambots picking it up]

[QUOTE=tomoyoafter;2493675]

i don’t want money, i don’t need to get paid, i don’t need any money for my own house, my car nor any fancy lot of brand named commodities,all i want is a roof over my head even if i have to sleep outside and sufficient amount of food to stomach for my work duties, i’ll live happy and content so long as i can do all this in canada. [/quote] Why Canada especially? Do you have any bonds with the country that make it so special? As a matter in fact, where are you now? In some US state?

i know what i;m asking for because i’m been living on my own eating instant noodles and bare rice while working crude labor, if i have to live in poverty like this here, i would rather do it in canada.
Better yet, come to Europe. We take extremely good care of poor people.

i’m saying this as a loud mouth whipper snapping teenager who used to live in a high school musical esquire lifestyle in canada, and now after i’ve return to thsi thrid world nation all i want is to use up all my savings and return to canada so i can live a live of honest laboring, i don;t care if i’ll never have money, or if i’m discriminated or looked down upon by anyone, all i wanted in life is to work on simply honest labor until i die, i don’t care if i don’t have medical insurance because i don’t have any here and especially with all the bad food, pollution and hazardous fumes i’m breathing in the factory from where i’m working in i’m lucky so far not to have caught any illness.
I really do not understand where the sad dissapointment comes from in your writings. If you believe that the only one who can change his destiny is yourself, why not act it? If you want things to get changed, do it yourself.

so what i wanted to say was, would any of you please be so kind as to tell me if there are any agricultural work that would take ppl in in exchange for providing accommodation of any kind and some food?
Somehow i don’t think it works that way. You have to be act, not other people. Do not ask, act.

i don’t want money in canada and i don’t need to get paid, i don’t need anything other than food and a roof over my head, i’m willing to work my entire lives for it. so if anyone here lives in canada knows about this kind of work i’d be forever in your debt
Would that make a happy life for you?