Circuitcity has the SONY RETAIL DRU510A for $299

They advertize it for $349 with a $20 price break =$329, so I went down there and the price was down to $299??

So far only 1 problem, the burner doesn,t like anything on the other IDE, I had the DRU on IDE1 as master and no slave, if I plug anything on IDE2, I am having all kind of problem, spec below before I had the DRU.

1. Wait, did I misread the sign? Thought I was in the hella sweet deals forum. Anyway, OEM version of the same Sony drive is $240 @ newegg.com

2. Either your mobo needs BIOS update, or your burner has issues. Have you tried setting jumper to CS?

The one at new egg is OEM of 500A

Right. My bad. Damn, talk about overcharging.

Originally posted by Stoner
[B]1) Wait, did I misread the sign? Thought I was in the hella sweet deals forum. Anyway, OEM version of the same Sony drive is $240 @ newegg.com

1. Either your mobo needs BIOS update, or your burner has issues. Have you tried setting jumper to CS? [/B]

You make my day, thay dam CS setting.

hehe, no probs.:bigsmile:

The reason why I post the first thread is because the cheapest I can find online (pricewatch) is $273 + $24.95 = $279.95 plus shipping minus tax (RETAIL), and I can not find any oem yet, I believe the oem # is U14A

CBR900RR how do you find burn speeds on this drive and is it as picky as the dru500a with media?

Originally posted by MikeP
CBR900RR how do you find burn speeds on this drive and is it as picky as the dru500a with media?

They advertize for

4X +R
4X +RW
4X -R
2X -RW
16X CDRW
24X CDR
12X DVD read
32X CD read

and I did not check the actual speed yet.

As for the media, I only have use the 2.4X COMPUSA +RW, and it work on my Sony DVD receiver DAV-C990, with DVD X COPY and DVD X COPY XPRESS.