Circuit City back in business (in a way)

The Circuit City name and web site have been bought by Systemax, Inc. Systemax claims to have been in business since 1949 as a “leading multi-channel retailer of computers, electronics, and industrial products in North America and Europe.”

I haven’t really perused their site yet, so don’t know how competitive they are. Just a quick glance at burners doesn’t look very promising.

[QUOTE=larc919;2282678]The Circuit City name and web site have been bought by Systemax, Inc. Systemax claims to have been in business since 1949 as a “leading multi-channel retailer of computers, electronics, and industrial products in North America and Europe.”

I haven’t really perused their site yet, so don’t know how competitive they are. Just a quick glance at burners doesn’t look very promising.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if this has anything to do with TigerDirect…seems like there is a relationship between TD and Systemax.
Oh, and TD bought the remains of CompUSA.

It is Tiger Direct (or a clone). I was shopping for a High Def tuner card and their line up was identical to ‘Circuit City’…

Both Tiger Direct and CompUSA are Systemax subsidiaries.

Tiger Direct evolved from TigerSoftware and CompUSA was acquired in 2008.

The Circuit City web site is the latest Systemax acquisition.

That’s all we need: another TD outlet! Guess I’ll just sit tight with the Egg. :wink:

Systemax = Tiger Direct = Circuit City. It’s all the same company.