Cinderella Man

Has anyone tried to copy this yet? I have tried the latest versions of Any and Clone DVD with no luck. At first the scanning part of Clone DVD would only get to about 33%. I got passed that but ran into CRC errors.

copied it with anydvd 5.6.1.1 and dvd shrink with no problems.

cyclic redundancy check errors are often problems with the original disc. give it a good wipe off, try reading at a slower speed or in a different drive.

if that doesn’t work, maybe someone else will chime in with some help.

That movie is to be released here in Tx on 12/6…will let you know if I have any problems using Anydvd 5.6.1.1 and Dvd Shrink…
Burn on!

I finally got it to work. I used Any DVD with DVD Shrink. No problems! Watched the copy earlier and it played fine. Still wondering why it would not work with Clone DVD. That is a first for me using this software. I am sure there will be a fix for it.

Cool…glad it worked for ya…guess that means it will work for me tomorrow,:slight_smile:

I just tried anydvd with shrink and couldn’t get it to work.

I have same problems with Fantastic 4 AnyDVD 5.6.1.1 can’t read the disc at all

no problems using AD5611 and dvd shring 3.2 to archive both above movies

No problems with both Region 1’s here either. 5.5.1.1 & 2.8.5.1

The success or failure of the rip also depends on the unit doing the ripping.
This is how it worked out for me

BENQ 1620, 1640 NO
NEC 3540, 3500 Yes
Pioneer AO5 yes

I`m not sure what type of protection is on this disk.
Cinderella Man WS Region 1.

Carthoris

Ripped to HD fine using AnyDVD 5.6.1.1 & VobBlanker 2.0.1.0 and then Burned to DVD with CloneDVD 2.8.5.1. I have been wanting to try this VobBlanker anyways since many seem to like it, so I decided to give it a try on this title and it worked fine. This movie is pretty large and not sure if the compression would look right at around 60%, so I used a DVD+R DL disc for this one.

Not sure if this disc has any form of structure protection on it, but the AnyDVD log looks like this… (WS/Region1) Used Plextor PX-716A

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 5.6.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CINDERELLA_MAN
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

So far here:
BenQ 1620 > yes
BenQ 1640 > yes
NEC 3500 > yes
Haven’t tried it yet in my Sony yet.

what are you guys using to rip? anydvd

I had no problems with this movie I made one movie only and one with extras and menus both with CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD 5.6.1.1.

More and more I’m hearing one guy gets a rip one guy doesn’t. What I’m wondering is who’s taking money from the MPAA or Sony to kink the firmware updates? Sony :a (AKA Lite-On) is real big in the entertainment business and they have lots of money to spread around! In what drive companies do the above sit on the board of directors or own a share of or have a voice in. Japanese companies form business-cliques, like the Samurai did, with lateral cross ownership in many different companies. And, as far as the great American wh*re known as Microsoft, which Service Packs or “updates” are using DRM to FU the problem posters? :cop:

Me … I’m sitting on a dedicated box, using Windows 2000 SP4 and an old Pioneer A05 burner with none of your problems. Not gloating, just looking for a common denominator.

Conspiracy Theory #23789625-AS54 :rolleyes:

Best regards,
Whisperer
Agent #9 :cool:

A mod nailed it over at another Shrink forum, a bunch of crappy
discs, it all fits, movie cost 80 million to make, took in 60 mil us,
bombed overseas, low bid dvd production.
dvdfab kept hammering away at my bad copy, I got lucky.

Not sure if is was a bad quality DVD or what, but the only way I was able to get it to work was with anyDVD and VOBBlanker.

My first pressiing/disc had a dimple, about 2-4mm and a noticable hair thickness wavy line in the disc. Failed on VTS_01_6.VOB with DVDD.

Returned it to the store where purchased, no hassle because of the dimple. My second was fine, no impefections on the disc, checked it while I was at the store to make sure.

Got home, ripped VTS_01_6.VOB again, went fine, ran through pgce, no prob, played with PowerDVD to make sure, back-up works fine split onto two discs.

edit: Definetly a BAD pressings issue, not related to drives, protection, etc … just CHEAP production and quality control.

AX

AX,
For your interest, read my posting #21 on this other Cinderella Man thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=157213

Best regards,
Whisperer

I just searched the Forums to find out about Cinderella Man too. I did DVD shrink to DVD Decrypter and just found out that everything EXCEPT the main movie burned. No Movie at all?? WTF?? Im using an NEC 3540. I guess I can try DVD Fab. Anyone try it and get it to work??