Cinavia copy protection found on iTunes movies – no longer DVD and Blu-ray exclusive

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Cinavia copy protection found on iTunes movies – no longer DVD and Blu-ray exclusive[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/05/cinavia-alguien-me-explica-de-que-va-esto-original-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Apple appears to have added the Cinavia watermarking copy protection to movies on iTunes.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/cinavia-copy-protection-found-on-itunes-movies-no-longer-dvd-and-blu-ray-exclusive-75943/](http://www.myce.com/news/cinavia-copy-protection-found-on-itunes-movies-no-longer-dvd-and-blu-ray-exclusive-75943/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

So Lionsgate is becoming like Sony.

I’m not surprised, considering they spend so much $$$ to encrypt their movies.

Anyway, the cat and mouse game begins again with them and Sony with the Cinavia crap, and DVD Ranger and Slysoft to get rid of it.

This doesn’t really mean anything, since the Cinavia was likely added by Lionsgate before supplying the movie to Apple. Probably sourced from the same Cinavia infected master.

Atleast my sources I can backup and not worry about iTunes as I have the physical media and iTunes can kiss my sweet 0)()( :cool::cool:.

IDK who Apple/Lions Gate thinks this will stop. If users can’t play these movies back with Quicktime, iTunes, PowerDVD, etc, they’ll just use something else, something that doesn’t detect the watermark, like VLC.

[QUOTE=CDan;2753212]This doesn’t really mean anything, since the Cinavia was likely added by Lionsgate before supplying the movie to Apple. Probably sourced from the same Cinavia infected master.[/QUOTE]
Correct. This won’t affect anything when it comes to backing up a movie.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2753235]Atleast my sources I can backup and not worry about iTunes as I have the physical media and iTunes can kiss my sweet 0)()( :cool::cool:.[/QUOTE]

+1

As long I have AnyDVD HD and CloneBD, this won’t affect me either in the least.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2753240]IDK who Apple/Lions Gate thinks this will stop. If users can’t play these movies back with Quicktime, iTunes, PowerDVD, etc, they’ll just use something else, something that doesn’t detect the watermark, like VLC.[/QUOTE]

Penny wise, pound stupid, is what I think of this Cinavia stuff.

Boy that’s going to put a crimp in DVD Ranger’s program… :wink:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2753243]Boy that’s going to put a crimp in DVD Ranger’s program… ;)[/QUOTE]LOL I don’t think so it might put a crimp in Slysoft but not dvdranger they have be aware of the Itunes Cinavia for quite sometime I hear a new version of CinEX HD will be coming :smiley:

:bow::clap::bigsmile: New Version Coming Very Soon:bigsmile::clap::bow:

CinEx Hd Utility 2.0.0.2 Released 5-2-2015

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2753243]Boy that’s going to put a crimp in DVD Ranger’s program… ;)[/QUOTE]

Well …:bigsmile:

CinEx Hd Utility 2.0.0.2 Released 5-2-2015

That didn’t take long…:bow:

[QUOTE=DVDRangerForum;2753287]CinEx Hd Utility 2.0.0.2 Released 5-2-2015[/QUOTE]

Crashes when you click “Start”…I installed this on a windows 7 machine.

Itunes pirating is probably played back on nonbluray releases (just like bluray rips on the internet).  Most media only boxes don’t enforce cinevia, so it’s rather moot.Â

[QUOTE=Zod;2753314] Most media only boxes don’t enforce cinevia, so it’s rather moot. [/QUOTE]

Of course, its only a coincidence that DVD-Ranger announced this “very important” find, and also just happens to sell software to remove it. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2753303]Crashes when you click “Start”…I installed this on a windows 7 machine.[/QUOTE]

It looks like it happens on some video files but, I managed to find a video file that worked just fine. (Maybe its the video converter)…anyway, I tested this on the latest firmware on the PS3…Sound Touch 2 setting: Cinavia is completely erased. This looks like the best removal I seen in a while. When music is playing its not too intrusive. During dialogs, it sounds perfect. Almost as good as the database.

Best Regards.

AHUM

they just can’t keep but making wild accusations

May 2, 2015 by admin 0 Comments

Today we have released the CinEx HD Utility 2.0.0.2. This update contain the new SoundTouch 2, the optimized successor of the Technology that was stolen from us.

Let round 3 begin!

ugh…another beating the “Dead Horse” again… this kinda posting from their site is one reason they could be loosing the battle and most likely turning off their own users. Unless they have proof with evidence to show they need to stop making baseless claims.

your kidding right READ THEW GPL on opensource Again" its free to develop " but the moment you use it to sell and make profit , you must buy the License and Publish the opensource . But then there only using CinEx  ,

When with in hours the Lab releases the reverse engineering  backwards and forwards with the 3 tools , this I think proves this.

Very few of the most recent replies to this story DIRECTLY relate to the article. End your off-topic discussion before it goes any farther, or I will delete posts with no second thought. You all have other places on the forum where you can go around in circles.