Chrome what protection?

I´ve tried to copy the german version of Chrome with my LiteOn24102B and latest BW5, but it does not run!:frowning:
Protection ID shows protection is SecuROM 4.84.84.0064, but I have copied a game protected by that protection before and it runs fine! So I am not sure if the protection really is SecuROM.
Does anyone know what to do?? :confused:

Chrome (UK) is Safedisc 2.9x

I suspect the german version would be the same?

There are some tools linked here that will identify the protection.

Guides here

No app can backup 2.9x on a 24102B without emulation

Thanks for your answer! The german version does definitely not use Safedisk 2.9 because there are no bad sectors between 700 and 10000. No read errors.

I thought it maybe VOB protect, nut not quite sure, as I said CD- Killer identifies as SecuROM, what I think can`t be because “Republic” and “Fire Warrior” have been copied well with my LiteOn. “Fire Warrior” has SecuROM 4.85xx.

By the way, do you know if the Plextor W5224TA is able to copy SecuROM 1:1? I only know that Premium does, but it`s more expensive…

Greets

Sebastian

If protection id is able to give an exact securom version, I would say it is most certainly securom protected.

What are you using to copy?

I´m using latest BW 5. But if it is “only” SecuROM 4.84.84xx why can`t it be copied while other games can, even if they have newer SecuROM versions?

Originally posted by Sebastian123
[B]Thanks for your answer! The german version does definitely not use Safedisk 2.9 because there are no bad sectors between 700 and 10000. No read errors.

I thought it maybe VOB protect, nut not quite sure, as I said CD- Killer identifies as SecuROM, what I think can`t be because “Republic” and “Fire Warrior” have been copied well with my LiteOn. “Fire Warrior” has SecuROM 4.85xx.

By the way, do you know if the Plextor W5224TA is able to copy SecuROM 1:1? I only know that Premium does, but it`s more expensive…

Greets

Sebastian [/B]

nope
the Plextor W5224TA can’t copy SecuROM like the Premium does.
the blindread/write + Premium combo uses the GigaRec feature to copy SecuROM “1:1”
and the GigaRec feature is only available on the Plextor Premium drive.

the Plextor W5224TA is the exact same drive as the 48 speed drive except for the writing speeds, so dont expect something extra from the “budget” version 52 speed drive.