Chrome blocking major torrent sites

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Chrome blocking major torrent sites[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/07/Chrome-Logo-wordmark-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/chrome-blocking-major-torrent-sites-76657/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Firefox rules…

other browsers like Firefox, Pale Moon and IE still work for these sites

Cannot believe no love for Opera. :slight_smile:

I use Opera 32 dev now . Â Miss some of the features of old Opera 12…

I use Opera 32 dev now . Â Miss some of the features of old Opera 12…

Just one more reason I think Google needs to be broken up. Too much power in the hands of too few people that are hell bent on promoting their personal agendas. Then again, I could say the same about most governments.

I rarely use a torrent site so this has little direct affect on me.
I still don’t want Google making this decision for me .
I also agree with UTR’s post .
What next Google will block “government conspiracy” sites ?
Or any site that has an opposing view to Googles’ agenda ?

I don’t have Chrome installed .
I do use Opera Beta which is Chrome based.
Funny how I’m using Opera Beta & it is version 31 & paulw2 is using Opera & has version 32 .

I for one won’t use Chrome they installed to many malwares and toolbars if you don’t do a “Custom” install to stop them and most users don’t know this til it is too late. That is the main reason I won’t use it. It come loaded with junk to start with which tells you they have no faith in their own Browser by it’s itself to be accepted by users. That should be evidence enough to dump and flush it down the toilet.

Is Google giving in to the Chinese gov’t with their demands for site and content censoring? Or is Google deciding the Chinese are onto something good so they have to emulate it?

[QUOTE=Uh Clem;2756787]Is Google giving in to the Chinese gov’t with their demands for site and content censoring? Or is Google deciding the Chinese are onto something good so they have to emulate it?[/QUOTE]I could be wrong, but I don’t think this was motivated by any government of any country. Rather, I suspect this was the result of corporations like the MPAA and the RIAA. IMHO THOSE are the people who need to be broken up.

I don’t use Chrome or IE…Both useless…There are many others that support Torrent sites anyway. Always a work around in any Browser.

[QUOTE=MrScary;2756992]I don’t use Chrome or IE…Both useless…There are many others that support Torrent sites anyway. Always a work around in any Browser.[/QUOTE]

That’s very odd…if you search in google.com you can find torrents…so Chrome for all it’s blocking when Google will do the search for you already from the same Company. This just makes it Ironic…

Guys there is a site where you can watch shows on the best free streaming sites without blocks and errors… Im staying up till sunrise pretty offen myself haha :smiley:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2756995]That’s very odd…if you search in google.com you can find torrents…so Chrome for all it’s blocking when Google will do the search for you already from the same Company. This just makes it Ironic…[/QUOTE]
Google weill find the sites but Chrome will block them as soon as you hit the torrent page or download page.