Christmas is coming

vbimport

Interesting stuff:

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Gaarry;2713276]Interesting stuff:[/QUOTE] No it’s not - it’s religious stuff inappropriate for the MyCE forums except perhaps the Political subforum.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2713307]No it’s not - it’s religious stuff inappropriate for the MyCE forums except perhaps the Political subforum.[/QUOTE]

So is ChristMass (Christmas), but I must put up with that false-religious stuff, too. I reject hypocrisy. It’s a two-way street. If they want to remove all references to Christmas, I’ll be happy to abide by that accordingly. Clear enough?

:bigsmile:

@ Gaarry , I consider myself a Christian . I’m not Catholic but I also consider them fellow Christians . I don’t agree with a lot of the Catholic doctrine & I do think their leaders will answer to God for that. I however don’t think the common flock of Catholics will. I think they will be judged as the rest of us Christians will. Either they had the faith & tried their best to live a Christian life or they didn’t.

The reason there are so many denominations is doctrine can’t be agreed upon .
I don’t know of any Christian church that has it 100% correct.
I’m sure that includes my own interpretations.

Do I think this or any other Pope has been God or Jesus on Earth ?
No .

I also don’t beleive a Pope will be the anti-Christ .
My thought is he will come from a completely new religion . I don’t think this will be hard for Christians to spot. The anti-Christ will be at the front of a " one world government" . That’s the only way that he can dominate the entire Earth & mark everyone.
I haven’t seen that happen yet . There are begining signs it will & it could happen very fast. Take care not to be above your place because none of us but God know the actual day & hour this will come.

So take some joy from Christmas ( the correct spelling for most of us.)
It also tells a great deal of truth about the birth of Jesus & is a celebration of that to Christians.

Note to the mods & admin : If my post is too religious please remove it . This is a good & needed thread here. Remove posts from it if necessary but leave the thread.

Too many people are out to affect others just because it makes them feel vindicated, powerful, controlling (choose your term). In reality what other people do has little practical impact on their lives but they just have to take a crap on another person’s good time anyway. If they are going to be miserable then they want to drag as many people as possible into their condition. IMO, there is no reason why a particular religion’s beliefs and practices impede another religion’s beliefs and practices. This goes for you atheists too as your “religion” is an absence of religion.

Hey UTR,
Don’t tar me with that brush! I’m an atheist and you will never hear me complain about what people do to celebrate their religions festivals, what others do is their business, all I ask is don’t ram it down my throat on my doorstep or where ever, telling me I’m evil and will go to hell or whatever.
Religion and politics shouldn’t be discussed on these forums. We have a special place for that I gather. These threads always end up nasty.
I’m sure that atheist remark was a generalisation, as all the atheists I know are very tolerant and some including me join in with the spirit of the varied festivals.
So, enough please, can we close this thread and just enjoy life as much as possible? People matter, not religion.

voxsmart, you missed my point to some degree. It was aimed at people who feel the need to bend the behavior of others who are not like themselves. I see many of these “complaints” as being more of a lack of tolerance and not some action that is impeding their ability to live their lives as they want. It can be atheists, Christians, Muslims or something not even affiliated with religion. There are a lot of people who wallow in their self-created misery and they just seem hellbent on bringing as many others into their condition as possible.

[I]“impede another religion’s beliefs and practices. This goes for you atheists too as your “religion” is an absence of religion.”[/I]

I didn’t miss your very valid point UTR, it’s this bit above that seems wrong. You make it sound like atheists try and convince people to become atheists as well, not true. To each his own. An atheist is religion free, not a religion in it’s own right. OK, I hope you understand that now and please lets leave it alone.
and happy holidays to you my friend.

I’m going to comment on the image in post#5.
" Put the “Christ” back in Christmas "
I didn’t believe he ever left.
Businesses tried the generic X-mas to get more non-Christians to feel more comfortable & observe Christmas. To spend money & they didn’t care why.
I don’t understand non-Christains celebrating Christmas .
Jesus the Christ is the reason for celebrating Christmas .
If they don’t believe in Jesus then why celebrate his birth?

The second part:
“How about putting the Christ back in Christians”.
I’ve never talked to any Christian from Assembly of God to Presbyterian.
I think that covers most of the denominations .
That Jesus the Christ isn’t the major focus of their religion
with only God the father being above Jesus.

Matthew 4:10
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, [B]Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.[/B]

Christmas is a way Christians can tell others about Jesus.
I know a lot that say they don’t discuss religion & lump politics in with it.
Hardly the same thing. Even if this sub-forum does that.
Not discussing being a Christian if a person is a Christian is not what the Bible teaches us to do.
I could list many scriptures that cover this but I chose these:
Matthew 5:15
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Luke 11:33
No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.

That light is Jesus . Christians are supposed to put the light on a candlestick .
That means discuss it .

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2713413][I]“impede another religion’s beliefs and practices. This goes for you atheists too as your “religion” is an absence of religion.”[/I]

I didn’t miss your very valid point UTR, it’s this bit above that seems wrong. You make it sound like atheists try and convince people to become atheists as well, not true. To each his own. [B]An atheist is religion free, not a religion in it’s own right[/B]. OK, I hope you understand that now and please lets leave it alone.
and happy holidays to you my friend.[/QUOTE]

This is why I put the word in quotes. I like to see irony in places where some people don’t. Many atheists behave in the same manner as religious people when it comes to imposing their will. I believe in a live and let live philosophy. Also, I am not applying my statements in an absolute way. I appreciate your attitude as it is much like my own.

… and Happy Holidays to you!