Choppy video/audio on blu ray to dvd backup of Transformers

vbimport

I am trying to backup my Transformers blu-ray disk.

Steps I have taken:

1. I have successfully decrypted all files to my HD using Anydvd HD.
  2. I successfully stripped out all the unwanted files with tsmuxer.
  3. The m2ts file has been split with hdbdsplit.
  4. The split m2ts files were put into tsmuxer again to go into blu-ray format.
  5. Finally, I have burned the first split file to bd-r and played it on my sony bdp-s350 player without any problem.

HOWERVER, the problem now comes when trying to play the other parts of the split file - which were burned onto DVD-5 and DVD-9 disk. The original files (before burning) play fine on the computer, but once they are burned to DVD and played on the standalone Sony BDP-s350 player, the video and audio is very choppy. The problem has to be with the way the blu ray files are burned to a dvd disk (as I tried to burn the remaining files on a bd-rw and they played fine).

When burning the blu ray structure to dvd, I tried img burn and nero 9 - changing the structure to UDF 2.5 and including the normal BDMV and Certificate folders.

Is there something I’m missing when buring a blu ray structure to DVD (single or DL)? Can anyone help?

I would first make sure the DVD you burned is of good quality.

Can you run a Quality scan and Transfer Rate Test?

What DVD media did you use?

[QUOTE=zero610;2152610]I
Is there something I’m missing when buring a blu ray structure to DVD (single or DL)? Can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

Success with this sort of thing is very much dependent on the player. At 1x playback speed, DVD does not provide adequate bitrate for HD video and audio, and stuttering picture and/or audio is the result.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2152634]I would first make sure the DVD you burned is of good quality.

Can you run a Quality scan and Transfer Rate Test?

What DVD media did you use?[/QUOTE]

I have tried several different media. Memorex SL, Memorex DL, FujiFilm SL RW. All have the same result.

[QUOTE=CDan;2152635]Success with this sort of thing is very much dependent on the player. At 1x playback speed, DVD does not provide adequate bitrate for HD video and audio, and stuttering picture and/or audio is the result.[/QUOTE]

Is the blu ray player playing a bd-r disk at a different speed than a dvd with blu ray structure? The bd-r disk plays the content just fine. It is only when the content is put on a dvd that I have the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Sony BDP-S350 player?

The BDP-S350 is well capable of playing hi-def AVCHD files on DVD, which is what you’re doing.

Like others said, it might be the media (bad quality) and I would also guess there might be hiccups during AVCHD authoring (tsremux or tsmuxer) since it is very CPU and harddrives read/write intensive.

I just read on another forum that because I am using the original bitrates of the Blu Ray discs, the AVCHD spec doesn’t go that high up. Is that true? Is there anyway to avoid this (i.e. buying a better quality dvd disk?) without changing the bitrate of the movie? Thanks.

I have tried playing several AVCHDs including those with high bitrates (split from commercial movies) and they play well on PS3, Panasonic and Samsung players. It should also play on Sony BDP-S350 as well since the specification said it plays AVCHD, unless there is a problem within the BDP-S350 (specs) itself.